A/C Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy A/C Question

We've finally had some sun here in Mass. which required me to put on my A/C. I have a 97 F150 4x4 that I purchased used in January. After having the A/C on yesterday I got in my truck this moring but only put on the air from the Panel and Floor vents, I did not put the dial on A/C. I had the thermostat set at about 10:00 (slightly cool) and soon noticed that the air coming from the vents was pretty cool for outside air since it was still warm out. I started to think that something internal was stuck open or closed. Can anyone tell me how the heat and A/C work in this model? I thought the A/C only came on when I put the dial on A/C or Max A/C. Is the A/C supposed to come on when you turn the thermostat into the blue area?

Hope you can help.

MassF150

Old 06-27-2003, 12:51 AM
The A/C compressor works in every mode position except in the vent,floor & off positions. The temp. dial only controlls the blend door----regulating air though the evap. core & heater core. hope this helps!

Old 06-27-2003, 05:55 AM
My first F150 was one of the first batch made. The a/c didn't work like the book said, they had changed it before production. The problem was that the newer coolents didn't lube the seals as the older freons did. Any way the compressor comes on in most positions for this reason.

Quick Reply: A/C Question