headlight color

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 03:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy headlight color

Has anybody out there been involved with changing there headlight lamps to white. Not blue, but white? Im wandering wahts legal and whats not.
Thanks ........... Rick

Old 06-23-2003, 07:32 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My general understanding is that there's not much that you're going to be able to buy off the shelf that isn't legal.

Of course, if you start putting green lights and/or strobes in your assemblies, I'm pretty sure that you'll have issues.

Personally, I have used a couple of brands of bulbs. The BIO LIGHT brand does, indeed, have a slight 'white' tint to them, very slight.

The ones that I would recommend to you are called SILVERSTARS. They are manufactured by OSRAM Sylvania ( www.sylvania.com ) and they are a favorite of many here on the boards. I currently have them in my fog lights and LOVE them.

You're probably going to hear about umpteen million brands/styles/sizes of lights. It's all going to come down to your personal preference and, unfortunately, bulbs aren't cheap.

I feel pretty confident that you'd be happy with the Silverstars however; I've been wrong before.

You can generally get Silverstars at any Autozone or similar. In fact, Wal-Mart carries them now.

RP

Old 06-24-2003, 07:37 AM
I just put in Silverstars. What a big difference, now I have to get them for my fogs also.

Old 06-27-2003, 03:24 PM
Smile Headlight Color

Thanks for the info on the bulbs. I'll have to try that.

Old 07-10-2003, 09:01 AM
Where can you get the Silverstar bulbs from? Is there any site I can order them from? One of my headlights just went out so I figured now was the time to upgrade!

Old 07-10-2003, 10:21 AM
I would just get them at an auto supply store. Also there is a promo out. I f you buy a pair of Silverstars you get $10 back. You can download this coupon also at Sylvania.com. While you are at it change your fogs to Silverstars also #9005. That makes a big difference.

Old 07-10-2003, 11:49 AM
That's good info on the rebate. Anyone know of a site that I can just order these from? I'm about 40 minutes from the closest auto parts place - hate to spend almost 1.5 hours just to pick up a couple of bulbs.....

Trending Topics

Old 07-10-2003, 02:21 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
http://www.brightheadlights-hid.com/...ilver-Star.htm

that's at least one place...

Do a google search (www.google.com) and search for silverstars. You'll find NUMEROUS places to buy them.

Heck, you can order them directly from OSRAM-Sylvania I think!

RP

Quick Reply: headlight color