Need help with modifying the speed limiter

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2002, 01:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need help with modifying the speed limiter

I'm trying to find the wire that comes from the computer that limits the max. speed for a 2000 F150 XLT 5.4Lt 4X4.

Old 12-28-2002, 11:39 AM
there isnt a "wire" that does that.

Old 12-28-2002, 06:28 PM
What do they have the governors set to nowadays?

Old 12-28-2002, 09:06 PM
set at

mine set at 95, a programmer takes it off

Old 12-28-2002, 09:09 PM
Hmm, I'd like to remove that limit from mine when I get it. Good to know what speed it kicks in.

Old 12-28-2002, 09:19 PM
Hmm, mine was set at exactly 100 until I installed the Superchips Tuner which removes the limit completely

Old 12-31-2002, 09:59 PM
yes there is a wire that does that. a friend of mine is a certified ford mechanic that says there is but he won't tell me b/c he thinks i'll kill myself.

Trending Topics

Old 01-01-2003, 09:07 AM
and you believe him

i guess after 8 years and all my ford schools, im not "certified" enough to be let in on this secret wire.

Old 01-01-2003, 11:44 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by wpfire1226
yes there is a wire that does that. a friend of mine is a certified ford mechanic that says there is but he won't tell me b/c he thinks i'll kill myself.
Me thinks he is BS'ing you.
When was the last time he went to Ford certification class, 1981 ?

Just get a chip of one type or another, and have the limiter removed in the software where it is done at now-a-days.

BTW : be careful with letting your friend the certified Ford mechanic work on yoru truck if he thinks the wire is still there, he might smack the PCM with a big wrench to fix a P0401 code.

Old 01-01-2003, 06:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just put in a chip that is all you need to do to remove the limiter.

Old 01-01-2003, 07:03 PM

Originally posted by jefflaws
and you believe him

i guess after 8 years and all my ford schools, im not "certified" enough to be let in on this secret wire.
Sorry Dean Wermer said you were still on double secret probation

Old 01-07-2003, 06:06 AM
jefflaws, you're the type of person who gives ford a bad name. You think you know all there is to know about "your" fords. well i'm just gonna tell you that your 8 years don't mean jack. You're a smart-mouth who apparently doesn't know anything. My buddy's been a certified ford mechanic for more than 12 years now, and i think he knows just a little bit more about them than you. Now if you wanna diss somebody and use your almighty 8 years as a reply, go somewhere's else, cause frankly, i don't want to hear it anymore. Thank you.

As for SScully, you too are a smart-mouth that knows nothing about fords. You and jefflaws must have gone to the same school, because apparently neither of you know a hill of beans from your back sides. Now I've said my piece, and if you have problems with it, tough, cause i don't care.

If you have an actual reply, post it please, but if you are going to say something about something you have no clue about, take it elsewhere.

Old 01-07-2003, 10:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

wpfire1226 -

You should probably spend more time reading the postings on this board and less time thinking up responses to good-natured ribbing.

Both of the guys you are whining about are quite familiar with performance mods on F150's. If you do a little searching through older postings, you'll see that.

Your friend may be over-simplifying the facts, but both jefflaws and sscully are right: There is no single wire that controls the top-end speed of your truck.

Take advantage of the "Computer Chips" section of this board and you will see that it is a little more involved than simply disconnecting a wire. There are "Vendors" on this board who can offer good, RELIABLE, and ACCURATE information regarding the electrical functionality of your vehicle.

So, now at least when you bash me with a reply, you will have 4 postings to your credit !!!!

sscully - The Dean Wermer crack was awesome !!! LMAO !!

Old 01-07-2003, 10:40 AM
B-Man that was good

Old 01-07-2003, 04:35 PM

Originally posted by B-Man
sscully - The Dean Wermer crack was awesome !!! LMAO !!
OR the "Want a beer...they're free.." or better yet FLOUNDER !

I have been looking over the Ford electrical manual, and I cannot find it if it is there. This must be the special wire that they tell you about after 10 years ( sorry Jeff you have another 2 years to go before they tell you about this one

wpfire1226,

If you pal the Ford guy is so sure, ask him for the circuit number.
Nothing else, just the circuit number.

If you can give me that, I can tell you if it exists, but don't be surpised if he won't even give you that.

As for running your mouth, maybe you need to learn how to take a joke, and learn some mannors.

3 posts and he is a know it all, won't listen to the members here tell him it don't work that way anyone ( besides Jeff and myself, he also ignores hmustang, bikenut, Chicago_guy )

Just so you know, starting out like this is a good way to get nobody to want to answer a single one of your posts.
As for your suggestion of take it elsewhere, I'll do just that, you are now on my ignore list, good luck fixing any problems you come up with, and after your statement to Jeff, you can almost be assured of not getting his help on anythign either.

Does this bring about bad memories of Anti_Honda anyone ?

Last edited by SSCULLY; 01-07-2003 at 04:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Need help with modifying the speed limiter