Need help with modifying the speed limiter

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I thought about this closely. So, I tried to do some more research, to see if this "phantom" wire existed.
I can't find anything to this, which was what I thought. I even check Police Interceptors (Crown Vics.) after a bit more research, I found that the only way to have the Speed Limiter lifted is a Firmware upgrade to the PCM as they do in the Crown Vics.

A quote from the 99-2001 setup for Police Interceptors, Crown Vics!

"Access PCM, select "MODULE I.D.". If the module part number is XW7F-CE then the vehicle has the latest level calibration (9VNA-AA) with a vehicle maximum speed of 202 km/h (126 mph). Do not reprogram the PCM".

Old 01-08-2003, 09:52 PM
wpfire1226-

#1. If this wire did exsist. It would have been disscussed on the message board long before now.

#2. You need to calm your jets & listen to these guys. Almost any & every problem with a Ford truck can be solved here.

#3. Chill, I would assume that you like to joke around. For some reason the people who like to joke can never stand it when people pit on them (but ususally think its funny when it's their certified mechanic friend people are picking on)

#4. The only time people can get that upset & start telling people off is when we are discussing 5w20 vs. 5w30 vs. 10w30 vs. 10w40 vs. 15w40 & usually they have info to prove their point while telling the last guy off.

Old 01-08-2003, 11:48 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by medic
#4. The only time people can get that upset & start telling people off is when we are discussing 5w20 vs. 5w30 vs. 10w30 vs. 10w40 vs. 15w40 & usually they have info to prove their point while telling the last guy off.
**** off I use 0W20
Let the flamming begin, I'll start it off.

SSCULLY : WHAT KIND OF FOOL ARE YOU, THE NORMAL ONE, OR A SPECIAL ONE ?

Old 01-08-2003, 11:53 PM

Originally posted by SSCULLY
SSCULLY : WHAT KIND OF FOOL ARE YOU, THE NORMAL ONE, OR A SPECIAL ONE ?
A SPECIAL one, I took the small blue bus to school. Why do you ask ?

Maybe I had too much to drink tonight, I am getting into a flamming contest with myself....

Old 01-09-2003, 02:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A SPECIAL one, I took the small blue bus to school. Why do you ask ?
Now just you wait a minute... I thought I was the only one who rode the little bus to school. Now you are trying to get in the "club" too ??

My bestest friend is a certified little bus driver and HE says you can't ride the little bus... SO THERE !!!

jefflaws - You stay out of this and get back to your magic wire training at Ford (or you may never get off that double-secret probation Dean Wermer instituted!!)

medic - Don't go confusing the whole issue by throwing facts into the mix. It's way more fun the other way!

BTW - It's straight 90 weight for me, baby. Flame on !!

Old 01-09-2003, 04:55 PM

Originally posted by B-Man
My bestest friend is a certified little bus driver and HE says you can't ride the little bus... SO THERE !!!
ROTFLMAO !!!!

The moderator must have thought he had a thread to shut down, and after further reading, saw the person was flaming themself.
I could see Steve now What the fu....

Old 01-10-2003, 06:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

ROTFLMAO !!!!

The moderator must have thought he had a thread to shut down, and after further reading, saw the person was flaming themself.
I could see Steve now What the fu....
Glad to see you finally crawled out from inside your bottle...

Thought you'd never respond. I thought your self-inflicted pain was pretty good too.

I just hope jefflaws and medic didn't take me too seriously. I thought we were really getting some fun goin' !!

Old 01-10-2003, 08:12 PM

B-Man,

That's some good stuff !
I just wish I could detract these musing from my post count, they really don't belong there. As the L forum members state : Free Post !

Something tells me that we may not hear from wpfire1226 again, he might have gone the way of Anti-Honda

If you were not around last summer, look up his user ID, and read some of his stuff, it is commical !

Old 01-11-2003, 10:02 AM
yea, whatever happened to good ol "Anti-Honda"?

Old 01-11-2003, 06:49 PM

Me thinks Anti_Honda left the site with his tail between his legs after the "IS that AOD an automatic" and I think your engine is shot thread.

That is the last time I recall his being around, Didn't he also think your certification was for chit ?

Maybe it is you scaring them away ( and if it is..thank you )

Old 01-11-2003, 08:49 PM
I just hope jefflaws and medic didn't take me too seriously. I thought we were really getting some fun goin' !!
No, not offended at all. I do kinda miss the 5-20 vs 5-30 vs 10-30 etc.... arguments though. Oh....an don't forget 0-20 & maybe 0-30? What the hell....gas is cheaper & made from petrolium...why don't I just use that instead of oil. It's seems to flow pretty damn good in cold weather.

Quick Reply: Need help with modifying the speed limiter