Question Mike

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 04:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mike

With my Superchip, my 99 5.4L ZZT4 shifts at 4900 rpms.
When I manually shift my truck at aroud 5300 rpm, if feels faster and shifts better.
My question is, can I have my chip reprogrammed to do this automaticaly.
If so, what do I have to do? and how much?

Thanks

Last edited by Dick 4; 04-23-2002 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-24-2002, 12:14 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi ****4,

Actually, the Superchip generally sets the WOT upshift points so that the vehicle will accelerate the quickest, though in a particular configuration, you may want that adjusted. You might want to try doing some timed acceleration runs, to make sure it's actually accelerating quicker when you do that. In some vehicles, depending on what's in the factory program, the Superchip will raise the WOT upshift point, in some it remains the same, and in a very few, it's even a tad lower, whatever it takes to make the vehicle accelerate the quickest.

In general, when manually shifting like that the tranny will shift firmer than when you let it shift itself. We can crank up the line pressure in the program, but we don't recommend raising it a lot, as we don't want any accelerated wear on the pump long-term. If you want a significantly firmer shift, one that is firm enough to "chirp" the tires on the WOT 1-2 upshift, for that we recommend installing a Transgo shift kit in addition to the Superchip, so that you have both the program and the mechanical issues taken care of.

To answer your question directly, sure, we can change the shift points for you if you'd like to have that done, and yes, we can increase line pressure if you want. We can't quote pricing here, as that is against the policies of F-150 Online, so we ask that you either call us or shoot us an email for that information please, & thanks in advance for your understanding. It's always best to call us if you can, so we can go over what you are experiencing in more detail and have a better understanding, that will help us to suggest what to do to make it act like you want automatically.

Last edited by Superchips_Distributor; 04-25-2002 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-24-2002, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once again

Thanks a million Mike.
Ill be in touch.

Old 04-25-2002, 09:22 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Anytime!

Quick Reply: Question Mike