PCM Failure with ABS problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 10:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PCM Failure with ABS problems

I just recently replaced my PCM. My 2004 f150 would not start on occasions getting gradually worse . The check engine and abs lights were on and also the wrench light while driving. The ABS seemes to activate on its own making a grinding sound coming from the front of the truck, this started out being a rare occurence to befoming frequent. I first reset the PCM and it fixed the problem for a few days. The next time I did reset it did not help.
So I replaced the PCM. Everything was fine for two weeks. Now I am having the same problem again. The gauges stop working on occasions also. I few months back I hooked up an electric braking system for a n RV that I towed. Not sure if that had an effect on my porblem but thought it was worth mentioning. Has anyone had a similar problem or does anyone have any ideas what I should do? I dont want to go to the dealer and have them tell me its a bad PCM and pay for the diagnosis, because I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with it. Not sure what is causing them to go bad, and wonder if they would be able to tell me that without another replacment.