Excellent service from 5 star

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 02:43 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Excellent service from 5 star

As some of you may know I traded my truck for a mustang convertible with the 5.0 and the 6 speed manual. On the mustang forum I joined the custom tuners they deal with are people I've never heard of so I decided to try the vendors from here. I contacted MPT about tunes for the new stang and he responded that he couldn't write tunes for the 17's yet. I waited a month and asked again, same answer. I wanted to deal with him as that is whom I bought the X4 from in the first place. So this past Saturday evening I fired off an e-mail to 5 star and asked him if he could tune my stang, Sunday morning he replied he needed the strategy code to see if he could. Sunday afternoon he responded that after checking the code he could tune my car. So last night I placed the order for 3 e-mail tunes, filled out the calibration request form and waited. Well it's now 2:30 Monday afternoon and I received the new tunes and already have them loaded on my X4. Less than 24 hours turnaround time from when I placed my order until I got my tunes. EXCELLENT!!

Old 04-16-2017, 09:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also got tunes from 5star for a 13' expedition so far I'm not very impressed with the tunes sloppy shifting to hard jumping shifts in the parking lot. Driving in traffic is unbearable with the terrible shifting.

Old 04-22-2017, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They provide great customer service in my opinion as well.

Old 04-22-2017, 04:32 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Originally Posted by Formally FX4Mat
I also got tunes from 5star for a 13' expedition so far I'm not very impressed with the tunes sloppy shifting to hard jumping shifts in the parking lot. Driving in traffic is unbearable with the terrible shifting.
Contact them and ask them to make it right!