Superchip F4 Flashpaq Installed now Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 12:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superchip F4 Flashpaq Installed now Check Engine Light

A buddy of mine gave me his Superchip F4 because he no longer has his f-150. When I told I got a 2014 F-150 with 3.5L EcoBoost he said I could have his Superchip. He had the same exact truck as me except the trim package was different.

When I installed the Superchip the other day everything seemed to work fine during the install process. Later that day when I needed to go somewhere I noticed the check engine light was on. It wasn't there when I finished the install but it is now. I decide to put the engine back to stock to see if that would help; the check engine light went away and this morning when I got in my truck it was back again... Everything seems to be running almost as normal, there is a 5-second lag when I step on the gas to get around someone.

Also, yesterday when I switched it back to Stock tune I could hear the air being sucked into the engine when before I wasn't able to hear this sound. Sadly I can't plug the Flashpaq into my computer and check for an update since I only have a Mac and this version of the Flashpaq only works on a PC.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Old 05-10-2017, 03:23 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Read out the DTC's.

Old 05-10-2017, 05:16 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Get a PC if that's what it takes....

Old 05-11-2017, 07:24 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
Read out the DTC's.
Agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!