5.4L ford programmer questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 06:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5.4L ford programmer questions

Hi my name is Austin and I just bought an 05 ford f150 Sterling edition and am looking for a programmer to add to the truck. I'd like to increase acceleration and overall power of the truck but would still like to have to option of fuel efficiency. What types of programmers are best recommended for this truck?

Old 07-14-2014, 06:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here ya go. Take a minute and read the stickies they are a good places to start.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=386057

In my opinion get a SCT from one our many reputable tuners on this site. (5 star, MPT, PHP, troyer, etc)
If you are running an aftermarket intake you will for sure want custom tunes to recalibrate you maf sensor so you won't be running lean.

Old 09-10-2014, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This was a great document but after reading I still have a couple questions. I have a 97 f-150 and I just swapped out the 4.6 for a 1999 5.4.

- If I get an after market tuner, do I still need to get the stock PCM dyno tuned or will the Programmer take care of that?
- From reading it appears that I can get programmer and have a custom dyno tune developed through it. Is that correct???

Thanks!

Old 09-16-2014, 10:21 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by dmstanl
This was a great document but after reading I still have a couple questions. I have a 97 f-150 and I just swapped out the 4.6 for a 1999 5.4.

- If I get an after market tuner, do I still need to get the stock PCM dyno tuned or will the Programmer take care of that?
- From reading it appears that I can get programmer and have a custom dyno tune developed through it. Is that correct???

Thanks!
great high jack

feel free to purchase a device that can be custom tuned (most reputable tuners use SCT devices)

while you won't need a dyno tune, a custom tune will be needed for sure

it just depends on if you can datalog and communicate or not

note: just because someone has a dyno and can alter tunes doesn't mean they are reputable

Quick Reply: 5.4L ford programmer questions