Can anyone help me with my gryphon?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone help me with my gryphon?

Hello everyone, I just bought a gryphon programmer from a member on this forum. I received it today and I tried installing it on my truck, but I get this error code... Error Code: f1, This vehicle calibration is not yet supported. Check for updates, and call tech support if your version is different... So I figured that it needed to be updated and I downloaded pegasus, plugged in the gryphon, updated my info, but it said that everything was up to date. The previous owner had a 2004 F-150 4.6 and I have a 2005 F-150 5.4, not sure if that would be an issue.

It says that there is an update for pegasus, but every time I try to do that it says there is an error with the update. I've uninstalled the program multiple times and reinstalled it. I'm not sure if that would be the problem though. Does anyone have a solution for this? I've been waiting for this thing in mail for 5 days, and it's disappointing that I can't get it to work.

PHP is closed right now and I'm really excited to get this on my truck, so I just thought i would see if anyone had any suggestions. Thank you for all of your help in advance! =D BTW: Sorry if my grammar is poor, I'm using my cell phone lol.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
You don't say if this error is occurring when you connect the Gryphon to your truck or when you try to program the PCM.

But, the error code 0xF1 can sometimes appear during programming. Try this:

1. Leave the ignition key in the ON position.
2. Disconnect the Gryphon at the OBDII port.
3. Plug the Gryphon back into the OBDII port.
4. After getting to the main screen, wait 15 seconds for needed parameters to be loaded.

If you still cannot program the PCM successfully, contact PHP for assistance.

So, if this helps, you're in business. The device should work if the previous owner returned his truck to stock and restored the canned tunes to it. And, you can insure the Gryphon has canned tunes by connecting it to Pegasus and then clicking on Updates->Gryphon Update Manager. Apply any updates that are offered.

- Jack

Old 07-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
The update problem with Pegasus is a different issue. That app works best on a Win XP machine, if you can find one.

- Jack

Old 07-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your help JackandJanet, I called PHP is morning and got the issue resolved! My truck runs great!

Quick Reply: Can anyone help me with my gryphon?