edge update to PHP gryphon

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 11:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edge update to PHP gryphon

Ok guys, I have a Edge Evo for my 04 F150.
I thought in the past to have it updated to a Gryphon by PHP that you had to send it in and pay a fee plus the cost of custom tunes.
Now I'm hearing that you don't have to send it in and you can load custom tunes on your stock Edge Evo through their Pegasus software at no cost.

Is this correct? I'm split on if I should buy a Gryphon or just have them put custom tunes on my Edge.

Thanks!

Old 03-31-2013, 12:33 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by jrmatson8
Ok guys, I have a Edge Evo for my 04 F150.
I thought in the past to have it updated to a Gryphon by PHP that you had to send it in and pay a fee plus the cost of custom tunes.
Now I'm hearing that you don't have to send it in and you can load custom tunes on your stock Edge Evo through their Pegasus software at no cost.

Is this correct? I'm split on if I should buy a Gryphon or just have them put custom tunes on my Edge.

Thanks!
If you already have an Edge, the cost to you is $60 per tune. Loading a custom tune will convert the Edge to a Gryphon.

If you buy a Gryphon from PHP, the cost of a custom tune is $30, AFTER you pay for the new programmer.

Obviously, there is no advantage in buying a new programmer. Get tunes for the one you have. Don't buy more tunes than you need. I have two - one for towing and one when I'm not towing.

- Jack

Old 03-31-2013, 04:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^2 I've got a 87 tow for daily driver and 93 perf tune. I love them!

Old 04-03-2013, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks guys!

Quick Reply: edge update to PHP gryphon