Edge Evolution Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 03:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge Evolution Question

Hello everybody, I have a 2007 F150 with the edge evolution. My truck had a bad misfire and I got that fixed. I had my truck on level one all the while. Should I reprogram my truck to stock then back to level one to allow the computer to relearn the engine without the misfire?

Thanks, Jack

Old 03-27-2013, 08:20 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by fx4lyfe
Hello everybody, I have a 2007 F150 with the edge evolution. My truck had a bad misfire and I got that fixed. I had my truck on level one all the while. Should I reprogram my truck to stock then back to level one to allow the computer to relearn the engine without the misfire?

Thanks, Jack
Hi, Jack -

I don't really think that is necessary, especially since you were using the Level 1 tune, which only affects the transmission.

My suggestion though, is to change the tune to Level 2. I know it's called a "Tow Tune", but it is really a very good daily driving tune too. It's the one I used all the time before I got custom tunes.

- Jack

Old 03-28-2013, 11:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Hi, Jack -

I don't really think that is necessary, especially since you were using the Level 1 tune, which only affects the transmission.

My suggestion though, is to change the tune to Level 2. I know it's called a "Tow Tune", but it is really a very good daily driving tune too. It's the one I used all the time before I got custom tunes.

- Jack
Thanks Jack Do you have to run mid grade with the tow tune I forget. I plan on doing a PHP conversion soon. Which tunes did you go with?

Old 03-28-2013, 12:17 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by fx4lyfe
Thanks Jack Do you have to run mid grade with the tow tune I forget. I plan on doing a PHP conversion soon. Which tunes did you go with?
The tow tune is 87 octane, just like Level 1. The engine really doesn't have enough compression to make efficient use of mid-grade or 91+ octane gas. There ARE tuning changes (ignition timing, etc.) that will give improved performance with high octane fuel, but in my opinion, you will pay for more than you get in terms of increased fuel cost.

My custom tunes are an 87 octane non-tow and 87 octane tow tune. Both were set up for highway driving and good passing performance, since I don't use the truck as a daily driver. My calculations showed a 1/2 mpg fuel economy increase with the custom tunes compared to the canned tow tune.

- Jack

Quick Reply: Edge Evolution Question