xcal 2 Re-programmed for ECO

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 11:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question xcal 2 Re-programmed for ECO

I currently have an xcal 2 with tunes on it for my old 2004 which I have traded in for my 2012 Ecoboost. My question is; can I get it re-programmed for the new truck. If so who would be the best to do it? What am I looking at cost wise? I really only want / need 2 tunes, 87 perf and 87 tow. Also will it be possible to correct my speedo to the larger tires when i'm running in stock tune?

Old 03-13-2013, 12:48 AM
glc
Received 769 Likes on 710 Posts
I don't know if an xcal 2 is compatible with that new a truck, but you could ask Livernois. They are probably the best Ecoboost tuner out there.

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/...ontact-Us.html

Old 03-13-2013, 03:09 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I think the sct xcal 2 is only good up to 2008 MY f150's

check with a tuner to confirm though...

Old 03-26-2013, 06:35 AM
Originally Posted by 88racing
I think the sct xcal 2 is only good up to 2008 MY f150's

check with a tuner to confirm though...
No offense, but I was told the same information by individuals who were guessing. As a matter of fact I was told by an SCT employee the XCAL2 was not compatible with any vehicle after MY 2003 (proof of conversation can be provided).

Old 03-26-2013, 07:36 AM
MHP1, I thought about my answer and I would like to expand on it as I believe it was incomplete and I could be placed in the same bucket as those who give vague answers.

I currently have an xcal 2 with tunes on it for my old 2004 which I have traded in for my 2012 Ecoboost. My question is; can I get it re-programmed for the new truck. A: The answer is 'YES'. The question is how much is it going to cost you. Depending on which 2004 vehicle you owned, it could or could not have been CAN enabled. I hate acronyms, so CAN means this as copied from the 'internets': "CAN is the newest protocol added to the OBD-II specification, and it is mandated for all 2008 and newer model years.

You may also tell which protocol is used on a specific automobile by examining the connector socket carefully. If the dash connector has a pin in the #7 position and no pin at #2 or #10, then the car has the ISO 9141 protocol or KWP2000. If no pin is present in the #7 position, the car uses an SAE protocol. If there are pins in positions #7 and #2 and/or #10, the car may use the ISO protocol. The CAN protocol uses pins #6 and #14." For more information see:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controller_Area_Network
My note: is CAN special and changes all the rules? Hell no, but if you spit out enough acronyms....you sound pretty smart.

Keep in mind the project documentation for the X2 was not performed to the best of anyone's ability and the original developers have moved on to greener pastures or back to India (where everyone is born knowing JAVA). Therefore, the chances of getting knowledgeable support is extremely low (unless you wanna buy an X3, which then everyone will be more than excited to help you).

If so who would be the best to do it? A: Whomever you purchased it from. It's in their best interest to retain a customer given they have profited from the initial sale.

What am I looking at cost wise? A: Dear lord who knows? If you indicate you are rich then the sky is the limit.

I really only want / need 2 tunes, 87 perf and 87 tow.

Also will it be possible to correct my speedo to the larger tires when i'm running in stock tune? I'm not 100% sure, so I'm not going to chime in on this one.

I will leave you with this...the most honest individuals I have had the pleasure of being schooled by are at http://www.morepowertuning.com/

Quick Reply: xcal 2 Re-programmed for ECO