Diablosport vs. Superchip

Old 08-16-2001, 11:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
typical of a salesmans,
Avoid any difficult questions.

Old 08-17-2001, 04:44 PM
Mooses top speed !!

Hey Mooseman is that as fast as your truck will go ? My 01 super hits the needle at 105 before the limiter kicks in. Maybe next time you can draft my 5.4 and I could pull ya up to the triples.

LOL

Beardoge

Old 08-17-2001, 05:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm the only one around here screaming,lol

Well,aside from Neal and most of the Lightnings,lol,,,,98

How do you know he's not doing 196mph,LMAO

Last edited by 98SCREAMER; 08-17-2001 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-17-2001, 05:29 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your post.

We agree, and that's actually a good way to put it.

Old 08-17-2001, 05:50 PM
Mr. SuperChips...

I know that one function of the chip is to advance the timing... hence the need to run premium gas. But, in many situations, advancing the timing also creates an increase in oxides of nitrogen (N02, N03), and this is precisely why timing is retarded in the first place.

Do you know if a chip equipped vehicle will have problems passing inspection where exhaust gasses are analyzed?

Thanks.

Old 08-17-2001, 07:11 PM
Former Sponsor
Mooseman,

We've been thru this too many times before, so I'll say this one last time: if you want to act nice, I'm more than happy to speak with you; if you want to be nasty and insulting as you have here once again in this thread with your comments to me, then don't even bother posting anything to my attention, as it will be ignored, its just that simple.

"As ye sow, so shall ye reap".

You were already told where to find the information that we've posted publicly by another poster, and it's right here in this same thread, all you have to do is read it, as you were informed.

If you want any more details, you can pick up the phone and call us, but I'd suggest canning the nasty remarks, as they will only get you ignored. It's up to you.

I wish you well, & have a grteat weekend.

Old 08-17-2001, 07:25 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Beastrider,

Intriguing screen name!

The Superchip is 50-state emissions certified, and will not increase any segment of emissions, that has been tested and verified by Crane Labs, and certified by the EPA & CARB. Every Superchip comes with that 50-state emissions certification paperwork included. As long as the vehicle will pass emissoins without the Superchip, it will pass emissions with the Superchip.

EGR is not defeated or altered, and you don't have any elevated Nox levels from installing the Superchip.

What the Superchip does where the engine is concerned is basically re-tune the engine specifically for the use of premium gasoline, and there are painstaking adjustments that have to be made to the fuel delivery curves to compensate for the slower burn rate of the higher octane fuel. The end result to emissions, if there is any change, is a slight drop across the board in most cases, we've had a number of F-150 Online members have that tested & have posted their results here for years now after a sniff test with the Superchip installed.

Thanks for your post!

Old 08-18-2001, 01:27 PM
Mike T

Here is a pic of the beast that I ride... eats Harleys for lunch... 1520 cc flat six, with trigger wheel and glass packs pulls 95 HP at the wheel 98 lb-ft of torque at the wheel. Need a sport bike to slap this one.

http://www.herberts.org/wayne/bikewc2.jpg

Old 08-18-2001, 03:56 PM
Ken800----What shop are you using in Houston? Send me an email with their name if you don't mind. Wayne -------------------------wjohansen@kingwoodcable.com

Old 08-21-2001, 06:42 PM
Arrow back to the post

So why can't somebody dyno the two different chips for a honest heads up comparison??

Thats going to be more accurate then it "felt" better.

Install the trip and drive a set mileage and do a dyno run.

Old 08-21-2001, 09:12 PM
I had hoped to do it, but just don't have the time... Maybe this fall.

The dealer I used has just been taken over by another co. The chip guy left with the chip stuff and will find a home soon. I think he was going over to tntvipers.com starting tomorrow.

Just an FYI: Mike T is more knowledgeable and quite a bit cheaper on chips. Again, I just didn't have the time, so I paid extra to have someone else pull the computer and scrape the leads.

Ken

Old 08-22-2001, 10:59 AM
Question HEY MIKE T

I purchased my Superchip from you a little over a year ago for my Explorer. I have been very happy with it. I do have a question about it though. It seems that after 500-1000 miles the factory computer tunes out some of the performance gains. If I reset the computer, the performance feels snappier for a while. I know the Ford computer goes through a learning curve when it looses power. It's just tha it feels like it is learning to de-tune my Explorer due to my Superchip. Would it be possible to get my Superchip programmed so that it doesn't happen? Maybe a little more agressive profile, so that when it looses some performance, it is back to where it should be. Maybe it is just my perception, but I have seen other Explorer owners post the same results. Any thoughts?

Robert

Old 08-22-2001, 12:48 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Explorer (Robert),

Actually, you're not loosing power *automatically* as you accumulate miles, it's simply the adaptive strategy adjustments doing their thing, adapting to the manner in which the vehicle is operated most of the time.

So for example, in the case of a daily driver, most of the time back and forth to work it's driven fairly conservatively, and the adaptive strategy adjustments attempt to, in their limited way, adapt to the manner in which the vehicle is operated most often.

That is exactly why some people will do a re-set of the computer when they go to the drag strip, as if the vehicle has been driven conservatively much of the time, you can sometimes pick up another tenth of a second or so in the 1/4 mile, but that's about it, it's not going to be a "big" difference.

Actually, you can either do that by doing a re-set, or simply give it a a few good long full-throttle bursts, but most prefer to do the re-set at the track, it's quicker.

No, there is no practical way to defeat the adaptive strategy, and you really don't want to do that anyway.

Just remember that the difference in power is not "big", you're talking maybe 3-5 less peak horsepower or so in that vehicle, and when you do a re-set, all you're doing is basically making the computer go back thru it's relearn cycle and starting the adaptive strategy adjustments again from scratch, and you go back thru that cycle again.

The single most important factor is how the vehicle is operated most of the time, as that is what the adaptive strategy is going to try to optimize for, in it's limited way. This is going to happen either with our without that Superchip, the Superchip has no effect on that basic process.

Old 08-22-2001, 01:35 PM
Tape vs. ????

I used a strip of velcro to cover the *blank* area of the cpu not filled with the female connector side of the superchip. I overlapped the sides slightly and have notices no back-out of the chip. I travel very rough country roads. I used no tape at all.

Old 08-22-2001, 06:42 PM
Mike, question on the adaptive cycle.
I have noticed that the truck always has quite a bit more spunk right after I have towed a trailer for awhile. I'm assuming that this must have something to do with the computer putting the extra in thinking that extra weight is there and not just my imagination?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Diablosport vs. Superchip