who has a SCT TSX and/or live wire

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
who has a SCT TSX and/or live wire

looking to hear from people about there sct tsx hopefully. i really like all the options and the wireless part but im unsure if i want to go wireless because of possible problems with the wifi part of it. and im curious about the live wire, doesnt look as apealing to me but im more worried about ****ionality and the monitoring part. overall which is best? i can get a tsx for 900 or a livewire for 550. thanks!

Old 06-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Just bought a used livewire from a guy thursday here and let me say awesome purchase. Picked it for 250. Contacted 5 Star Tuning this morning at 10:15 and by 11:30 he had my custom tune to me by email. I ended up giving him the wrong device serial number but Mike responded a few hours later, keep in mind this was after business hours too, with the corrected tune and boy let me tell you I feel like I was driving another truck. The livewire itself is a little bit bulky, about the size of an old gameboy color i'd say. You can get a window mount for it or attach it on your dash somewheres. It can monitor up to 6 things you select but I have no need to monitor stuff really. On top of all the engine stuff it can monitor, It can show 0-60 time's, hp and tq values... show CEL codes. Best purchase i've made so far.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i have a livewire and i do like it, but it is big and bulky. i made a bracket to attach it above my radio. its great for monitoring everything that i want to see.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Well If it came down to it I guess the tsx is quite a bit more and has the same features I was just hoping someone would have a tsx so I had some kind of feedback wether it was good battery life and how the wireless worked. But I maybe getting the live wire in a matter of time

Old 09-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Any pics of the dash mount that you made, str8t six? I just picked up a livewire 9600 and need a mount for it.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:01 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
this is the best one i have of it. i used one of those T brackets from lowes and bent it to fit where i wanted it to sit.
Name:  DSCF8018.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  104.5 KB

Old 09-30-2012, 12:26 PM
I have a iTSX, I got it off the group buy on sct programmers on the site for 400$. I got it in pretty good time, under a week. I have a 2003 f-150 Super crew 5.4v and I have the iPhone and it doesnt connect very well with the wifi so it took me a good three days tp finally get it to work but even then it wouldn't let me read any thing off my engine like I wanted to. Im currently waiting to get back to my house to go ahead and ship it back and switch to the new livewire for 600$. Hope that was some help!

Quick Reply: who has a SCT TSX and/or live wire