tune time... i think

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DiabloMike
Have any of you guys actually opened up one of our canned tunes in an editing software to see what they look like?
Would you know a 'good canned tune' vs. a custom tune if you saw it?

I have said it many times, unless you are seeking something very aggressive in a tune, our 'canned' tunes are an excellent alternative to the custom tunes you guys seem to think are required for every vehicle here
We also offer more end user adjustment than most any tool, meaning you have the ability to customize the tune to your liking, nobody is stuck with the out of the box tunes ....

Just because you guys have decided that the Edge canned tunes are no good, doesn't mean that holds true across the board...

Thanks

EDIT, I have questions....do you guys do extensive datalogging when you get these custom tunes?
Or are you all just getting what basically amounts to someone elses canned tune that they send everyone with an F150?????
If thats the case, how does someone who has never seen your truck have a better chance at tuning it than us, when we spend weeks, sometimes months, developing our tunes here, in person, on the dyno?
I am truly just curious

Do you have any deals if so pm me the info I'm looking to buy asap

Old 10-19-2011, 09:43 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by johnny Rocket
We dont sell direct, but you can find our products through many vendors here.

Shop around, you can pick up a Predator for a great price these days

Old 10-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Autoanything.com has sales frequently and they price match. I paid 285 in January for mine. Google the model u7151 that mike references and find the cheapest price, then if u want autoanything.com will match or go with the place u found it cheapest if they seem reputable.

Last edited by jerrybizzle; 10-19-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Cool thanks

Old 11-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Have any of you guys actually opened up one of our canned tunes in an editing software to see what they look like?

I have said it many times, unless you are seeking something very aggressive in a tune, our 'canned' tunes are an excellent alternative to the custom tunes you guys seem to think are required for every vehicle here
We also offer more end user adjustment than most any tool, meaning you have the ability to customize the tune to your liking, nobody is stuck with the out of the box tunes ....

Just because you guys have decided that the Edge canned tunes are no good, doesn't mean that holds true across the board...

Thanks

EDIT, I have questions....do you guys do extensive datalogging when you get these custom tunes?
Or are you all just getting what basically amounts to someone elses canned tune that they send everyone with an F150?????
If thats the case, how does someone who has never seen your truck have a better chance at tuning it than us, when we spend weeks, sometimes months, developing our tunes here, in person, on the dyno?
I am truly just curious

Waiting for a call before I return this thing

Old 11-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks

I am truly just curious
Sorry Mike I never saw your response.....

I do the datalogging and tune revisions with the people who wrote my tunes....got to get it spot on....

Old 11-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Waiting for a call before I return this thing
What happened?

Old 11-14-2011, 05:54 AM
Theres not very many options with this tuner. Most other tuners have economy, performance, tow and more the diablo is just performance. There's no options to put in tire size. I do feel like the truck runs better still shifts a lot tho

Old 11-21-2011, 04:15 PM
Theres not very many options with this tuner. Most other tuners have economy, performance, tow and more the diablo is just performance. There's no options to put in tire size. I do feel like the truck runs better still shifts a lot tho
Tire size option is under axle ratio. It can most definitely be changed. Pm me with questions. You will want to change nov setting, axle ratio if not 3.73(default setting of tuner) and tire size if u have other than stock. The performance tune is good to tow to factory ratings, I put the question in on their forums on their website. They also said they are setup to get better mileage as well. I towed plenty with mine and had no issues. If u still have it and have questions about changing these, just pm me and I will help u. My mileage is consistently around 16 with mixed city/highway driving.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:34 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
so you bought a canned tune

thanks for listening to us

custom tune > canned tune

/ thread

Quick Reply: tune time... i think