HELP! Edge Evolution after update won't work.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP! Edge Evolution after update won't work.

My edge cs evolution is not working after the update. I did exactly as I was told in the manual. Program back to stock before unhooking the programmer which I did. Then followed the instructions that fusion software was telling me. And it downloaded my update.. took about 3 hrs. Then followed what fusion told me which was not to hook up the programmer to the truck yet for 2 min. Then I went out pluged it in and worked like normal. So I decided to look at this new mileage coach thing checked it out then when to change it to tow mode(my daily driver) and after it was complete it said "File RWAIOF4 cannot download because it didnt detect stock program. And it said unplug the cs so it could reboot. I did this with the same result. (Getting furious every second) Then took it back to the computer hooked it to the fusion software and then it said stock files are not what it expected click to continue? WTF. I clicked yes and it still won't wont work.. So frustrated please help.. PS: Tech support doesn't work on sundays!

Old 08-28-2011, 04:12 PM
My truck is a 2001 f150 80K miles. With few mods just CAI and Duals. And I havent tried to start it yet

Old 08-28-2011, 07:36 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by StackedS
My truck is a 2001 f150 80K miles. With few mods just CAI and Duals. And I havent tried to start it yet
Well, you should definitely see if your truck will start. Waiting three hours for the firmware update to complete seems a VERY long time to me, but maybe you have a slow internet connection?

In any case, it sounds like the firmware update clobbered a file. You're going to have to get Edge to help you with this. I can't think of anything you can try at this point.

The reason you need to find out if the truck will start is that you will need Edge's help to get running too, so you might as well call them with EVERYTHING you will be needing. I suspect the truck WILL start, but find out.

- Jack

Old 08-29-2011, 03:11 PM
I started the truck it works! thank god. im on the phone with them now

Old 08-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Talked to edge customer service and it seems that my edge downloaded the wrong program. So they reset it then it worked. The customer support guy even said 3 hours was def a clue something was wrong. The new update took only 1 hr

Quick Reply: HELP! Edge Evolution after update won't work.