Initial Thoughts on SCT SF3 Power Flash

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Initial Thoughts on SCT SF3 Power Flash

Well, I picked up an SCT SF3 Power Flash today....wanted something that I could play around with, adjust for some bigger tires I'm getting next week, and possibly get a little more power with.

Connect it to the updater first and made sure it was up to date - It was.

Loading on my 2010 F150 5.4L Screw took forever and was finicky. The first attempt took forever, then gave me an error code and wouldn't download the program. I took it back to stock and tried again.

On the second attempt, it took right at 50 minutes. Half of that was loading the stock tune to the device, the other half loading the performance program to the truck. Simple 87 octane program, hoping for a little more umph, adjust the shift points a bit, and I'm curious to see if I notice any kind of MPG increase. The lie-o-meter on the truck has been sitting at 14.5 for my back and forth to work commute in the city.

I took the truck out and drove it around awhile...and I can tell a difference with the throttle being a little more responsive it seems. That dreaded 1-2 shift doesn't seem so junky now either. Other than that, it's ho-hum...we shall see.

I'm sure I'll end up springing for custom tunes like everyone else.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:37 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
custom tune > canned tunes

/ thread

Quick Reply: Initial Thoughts on SCT SF3 Power Flash