Where is my HEX code!!!!!!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 01:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Where is my HEX code!!!!!!?

I just ordered a Gryphon programmer from PHP. Apparently I need to find the HEX code in my truck, being that I ordered custom tunes. Being that I dont have the programmer yet, how do I go about retrieving my trucks HEX code from the PCM? Every explanation that I've found tells me how to do it with a programmer. How is it done before you get the programmer if you ordered it at the same time as the custom tunes?

Old 08-05-2011, 02:04 AM
You wait until you get the unit then follow the directions which are all over the PHP site. You aren't getting the HEX code until you plug the unit in the first time. Once you get your HEX code you start a thread in the proper area at PHP. After they get your code they can start building your custom tunes then send them to you.

Last edited by phowler; 08-05-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Just so Im clear, they ship the programmer than the custom tunes come later? So Ill be getting my programmer finding my HEX code , getting the HEX code to PHP than they will write the custom tune that I ordered whwn I ordered the programmer? Ill run canned tunes until I get the custom tunes? The custom tunes will come to me in e-mail form and Ill download them through the provided cable to my Gryphon? Is all that correct? I , obviously, dont know how this process works and just want to know what to expect. Everytime I think Ive got it I realize I dont got a thing.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ranger332
Just so Im clear, they ship the programmer than the custom tunes come later?

Yes - PHP needs your hex code to write the custom tunes.

So Ill be getting my programmer finding my HEX code , getting the HEX code to PHP than they will write the custom tune that I ordered whwn I ordered the programmer?

Yes!

Ill run canned tunes until I get the custom tunes?

Yes!

The custom tunes will come to me in e-mail form and Ill download them through the provided cable to my Gryphon?

You will use the cable and 'update' the Gryphon using the Fusion software.

Is all that correct?

Pretty much!

I , obviously, dont know how this process works and just want to know what to expect. Everytime I think Ive got it I realize I dont got a thing.
See my responses in bold.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
The stickys in this forum tell you how.....php's forum also has sticky's that tells you how to get your hex code.....

Just be patient and wait for the programmer....

Old 08-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Ill be patient and wait for the programmer , thats no problem. I didnt realize that they shipped it without the customm tunes is all, and thought I needed to provide my HEX code before my order was even processed.
Thanks for the info. very helpful

Quick Reply: Where is my HEX code!!!!!!?