mark lt + 5.4v8 = what programmer and addons

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 10:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mark lt + 5.4v8 = what programmer and addons

hiim new here i recently bought a 2006 lincoln mark lt 4x4 i have a 2 in leveling kit on it a stock tires on 20s it has a lag on go power what would i need to add to get this thing to open up? not a large fan on cold air intakes i have a k&n filter now but will be modding the intake for more air not sure what exaust i want im looking at the borla right now or gibson duals , but if i added just a programmer which one is gonna give me what i need and which one comes with the best bells and whistles? i have seen them to were u can see codes that pop up and i know the main working of a programmer just looking for so insight thank guys

Old 06-19-2011, 12:15 AM
glc
Received 768 Likes on 709 Posts
Old 06-19-2011, 02:44 AM
Depends if u want live gauges or not. Edge or gryphon are good if u want in cab visual gauges. I went with diablosport cause I paid 285 for it off autoanything.com and it did what I wanted. I would agree with u to not do a cai and do the gotts. Everyone has an opinion on which programmer is best. Just research them online before you buy. I think that any will be better than stock. Mine is able to be custom tuned if I ever feel the need, so that's a good option. Seems that most on here recommend 5 star tuning, gryphon or troyer. They are all custom tuners, so may cost a little more, but may be better. Mine is just fine for what I need. Adjusted tire size, corrected for cai and gave me more power. Good investment imo, and this is my first programmer.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Stay away from the cai and go with the gotta/dwv mod.....a tuner with custom tunes will help the driveability and shifting.....go with a sct xcal3 and tunes from Troyer, vmp, or 5star.....

Old 06-20-2011, 07:03 PM
sorry for asking but what is the gotta/dwv mod? could u explain this as im not too sure i under stand what it is

Old 06-24-2011, 01:49 PM
glc
Received 768 Likes on 709 Posts
Gotts, not gotta.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...4l-engine.html

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...04-2008-a.html

Amazing what you can find in our articles and how-tos forum...........

Old 06-25-2011, 04:56 PM
I have a 2006 Mark LT 4x4 with the factory 20's as well, and I am currently running the K&N filter with the AirAid modular tube and an Gryphon CS. I am happy with the gains of these mods together. Be warned that the Edge/Gryphon will cause you some headaches to get going, as I have spent the last 3-4 mnths trying to get Edge to add my VIN number for support. They do not offer the product under the Lincoln VINs which causes the issues, but Bill @ Gryphon got them to add mine. Don't have any real mileage numbers yet as I have not had it on long enough to see what long term numbers are going to look like. Overall though I am happy with the gains.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:30 PM
thanks glad to here that i read the how toos it helped alot i was wondering how well it worked but none has really came out and said if the gas milage got worse i saw alot of it shoulds but ill get around to it this weekend and then ill be ok for a lil while. is it recomended for the silencers to be cut off or is it better for them to be left on.

Quick Reply: mark lt + 5.4v8 = what programmer and addons