does the computer learn your driving style with php tunes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does the computer learn your driving style with php tunes?

ive had my gryphon for a while now, and i feel like its starting to shift less firm. will the computer start to learn you and make it shift slower? i reset it to stock, and it shifted super slow but about right from what i remember, then i put it back to level 2 and it seemed to be freshened up.

do you guys reload your tunes every so often to keep the pcm all clean?

anyone provide me some good reading on this infamous increased line pressure debate ive been reading about. i want to do whatever is healthiest for my trans, id like to do some reading.

thanks guys

Old 06-15-2011, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The PHP tunes do not allow much learning to take place. Also any learning that would take place would probably be within a tank or two. Changing to stock then back to your tune is more for a recalibration of you. I know when I had been driving my performance tune for over a year when I had someone else drive my truck it was jumpy as a rabbit for them and they nearly got in a wreck. When I got my second custom tune and drove that for a while I switched back to my performance and I did the same thing for a day or two. It had nothing to do with the truck, I had to recalibrate myself for the tune.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:09 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Yes the tunes do adapt....that learning part of the pcm cannot be detuned or taken out of the equation...if you drive it like an old lady then they'll react like an old lady...
If you always drive it like you stole it then the tunes will react this way also.....

A reboot(battery disconnect) can be done every three months to keep them fresh.....make sure to unplug the programmer first before messing around with electrical connections....

Quick Reply: does the computer learn your driving style with php tunes?