Evolution CTS

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evolution CTS

I just recently sold my 2007 5.4 4x4 screw. The decision was made while at a dealership getting a tuneup. I knew a salesman at the dealership and he got me a GREAT deal on a F-350. Without much thought, I unplugged my cts and took everything off the F-150 right there in the lot.
Now I realize that I have a cts that is locked on the canned tow tune. Is there a way to return it to the original setting without sending it back to edge? If I do send it back to edge is it right that it will cost $75?

Old 05-26-2011, 10:39 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by cj1angle
I just recently sold my 2007 5.4 4x4 screw. The decision was made while at a dealership getting a tuneup. I knew a salesman at the dealership and he got me a GREAT deal on a F-350. Without much thought, I unplugged my cts and took everything off the F-150 right there in the lot.
Now I realize that I have a cts that is locked on the canned tow tune. Is there a way to return it to the original setting without sending it back to edge? If I do send it back to edge is it right that it will cost $75?
You don't have to send it anywhere, but it will cost $75 to get it unlocked. The buyer of your truck is going to have a problem too, if he tries to install a new tune.

- Jack

Old 05-26-2011, 10:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the reply.
The dealership knew i had the programmer on it, I talked to one of the techs a few days later and he said they flashed it while prepping it for the used lot.
What steps do I need to take to get the cts unlocked?

Old 05-26-2011, 11:42 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by cj1angle
Thank you for the reply.
The dealership knew i had the programmer on it, I talked to one of the techs a few days later and he said they flashed it while prepping it for the used lot.
What steps do I need to take to get the cts unlocked?
1st and only step....call edge tech support...$75-80 to unlock

Quick Reply: Evolution CTS