Best power adders, besides turbos & blowers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 05:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best power adders, besides turbos & blowers?

I have an '06 Lincoln Mark LT, 5.4 V8. What are the best power adders to get the most power (exhaust, cold air intakes, throttle body spacers, underdrive pulley kits, chip programmers, etc.)? Thanks.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:39 AM
All of those little mods combined will may be get you 50 HP IF you're lucky.

If you have something against blowers and turbos and want to stay naturally aspirated. To make big power, you will have to swap out pistons for higher compression ones or decking the block or shaving the heads and port/polish heads and putting in some aggressive cams and full length headers.

When all said and done, it will probably cost you more money and time and you still won't make as much power by just throwing on a Whipple set up on it.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:49 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
The only significant power adder and shifting/downshifting improvement you caqn make is with a tuner. It is good for 25 or so hp but the shfiting characteristic improvements make it seem even more.

The CAI is only good with a new custom tune written to take advantage of the CAI. Forget the TB spacer. It does nothing for a fuel injected engine.

Old 05-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Thank you for the responses. I have nothing against superchargers or turbos! I wish I had the $3K or more, and the time, to invest into upgrading my truck in that way, and I would install one in a heartbeat! Until then, I just wanted to know which of the power adders I mentioned in my post are the best (and least expensive) on the market that I could install over a weekend to gain me 50-75 hp.

Thanks again!

*And to tarajerame, who responded to my post in a private email - not sure why you felt the need to be so rude & insulting! I respect all the users on the F150 Online forum, which is why I chose to ask my question here, believing I would get honest, knowledgeable & respectful responses back. Next time respond on the thread itself so others can see your responses too!

Old 05-22-2011, 04:41 PM
glc
Received 766 Likes on 708 Posts
Exhaust, Gotts/DWV intake mod, e-fans, and a programmer with custom tunes.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:22 AM
I would think long tube headers(dynatech, obx) and a programmer ( sct, edge,etc) would be the best bang for the buck. On a NA motor.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by glc
Exhaust, Gotts/DWV intake mod, e-fans, and a programmer with custom tunes.
These should be your first 2 things to consider.

Quick Reply: Best power adders, besides turbos & blowers?