staying on?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 12:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
staying on?

here recently i have been coming out to start my truck and go to work and i get in to find out that my edge has stayed on all night and when i start the truck it turns off and i have to cut my truck off and start it back up again to get the edge to come back on. Has anyone else had this problem out of their edge?

Old 03-31-2011, 12:20 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Usually with the monochrome edge unit for 97-08 f150s that was a sign of a weak battery or the battery was going bad....
Edge programmers do some weird things with low voltage....

But for the cs+cts for the 09-10 f150 that also may be the issue....

My best suggestion is to have you call edge tech support....

Old 03-31-2011, 03:32 PM
My edge from PHP loaded with a custom tune will sometimes come on when I open a door (ignition not on). I have had my battery tested and it has come back as a good battery.

What I have done to correct this is unplug my edge and leave it un plugged for a night. Then the next day or at least a few hours later come back and get in the truck and close all doors an make sure that everything else is off. Then plug the unit back in and follow the promts. This has "fixed" the problem for me. Ocassionally on cold nights when I open the door the unit will turnintself on, but not everytime like it was doing.

Try this and see if it works.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:35 PM
fx4nick, ill give this a try..it goes off when i leave and sometimes is on when i get back into it 8 hours later. its just a headache. ill def have to give that a try though. if that doesnt work ill get in touch with edge about this.

Quick Reply: staying on?