sc flashpaq tire size 2010 f150

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sc flashpaq tire size 2010 f150

just thought i would see if anyone else had noticed that the tire size calibration was way off on the superchips flashpaq, i just bought an f150 with 17 inch wheels upgraded to 20's, the tire i put on is a 33" instead of 31.8 that was on there, this threw my speedo off by 3mph at 70, so i calibrated using the flashpaq for the 33's and when i rechecked with my gps i was now off by 6 mph at 70, so after some playing around i had to program using the flashpaq to a 34.5" tire to get it right, it is dead on 0-60 but after 60 it is off by 1 but i can live with that.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you measure the height of your tires, or did you rely on that advertised, or assumed? I palced a level accross the top of mire tires, measured from the bottom of it to the ground and set my tuner to that measurment. My speedo was almost dead on with my GPS after doing so.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:14 AM
i know sometimes tires are are not as big as advertised, well my advertised tire size is 275 60 20 so i convert that and it is 33", measured on the truck is 32.5" or so with the truck weight on it, but i have to tell the truck it has almost 35's on it to get the speedo right. what year is your truck, i was just wondering if it was a programing issue common to super chips on my year, i have a 2010

Old 03-11-2011, 11:17 AM
i would have just used my ford scan tool but 2010 and later will not let me enter any size or revs per mile other than factory sizes and no revs per mile lower than 650

Old 03-11-2011, 02:39 PM
glc
Received 769 Likes on 710 Posts
Are you sure you are setting the right axle ratio in it?

I know you are a Ford tech, but are you aware that the dash speedometer is actually supposed to be a bit high? I'd make adjustments till your scan tool agrees with your GPS, not the speedometer.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by fordmastertech8
i know sometimes tires are are not as big as advertised, well my advertised tire size is 275 60 20 so i convert that and it is 33", measured on the truck is 32.5" or so with the truck weight on it, but i have to tell the truck it has almost 35's on it to get the speedo right. what year is your truck, i was just wondering if it was a programing issue common to super chips on my year, i have a 2010
I have an '06 FX4. Run a 315/70/17 in the Summer months which is advertised as being 35", but mounted with the trucks weight on it is is really only 33.78", and in the Winter months run 285/70/17's which measure out at barely 32" mounted with the trucks weight on them. I can get both nearly spot on on my speedo compared to my GPS by setting the actual height they measure out at.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by glc
Are you sure you are setting the right axle ratio in it?

I know you are a Ford tech, but are you aware that the dash speedometer is actually supposed to be a bit high? I'd make adjustments till your scan tool agrees with your GPS, not the speedometer.
Well actually the speedo is not suppossed to be high it just usually is off by a bit due to tollerance differences, it is allowed to be off by as much as 10 percent according to federal law, the manufacturer would prefer it be a little high due to the fact it would rack up miles faster putting it out of warranty faster, but my speedo is low not high, secondly yes my axle ratio is set correctly, lt is not an issue at this point because everything agrees at this time, i was just asking if anyone else had the same experience

Old 03-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Former Sponsor
I usually recommend physically measuring the tire on a flat surface with a tape for the most accurate measurements. Tire manufacturer’s don’t factor in load into their measurements once mounted on a vehicle. Wear also plays a factor.

Scott

Old 03-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Angry

hey superchips it is nice to see you read this post almost as bad as you read emails i send you, i have emailed you guys 2 times and have not got any response, great customer service. as i already stated above the tire size measured on the vehicle with the weight of the vehicle is 32.5, this is the actual tire measurement with the load on the tire measured on a flat surface i repeat one more time for everyone 32.5, and wear should not be a factor on brand new tires and they still measure 32.5.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:41 AM
Now everyone has an example of why we do not recommend SuperChips, HyperCrap, or Bully$**** programmers.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:07 AM
Former Sponsor
Have you tried calling customer service directly on this issue rather than email? Calling is the easiest way to get immediate assistance.

Our toll free number is 888-227-2447.

We are always interested in improving our customer service to our customers and I will be more than happy to forward your email issues to the customer service manager so it cam be addressed.

Feel free to keep me in the loop on your situation. I am more than happy to help in any way I can.

Scott

hey superchips it is nice to see you read this post almost as bad as you read emails i send you, i have emailed you guys 2 times and have not got any response, great customer service. as i already stated above the tire size measured on the vehicle with the weight of the vehicle is 32.5, this is the actual tire measurement with the load on the tire measured on a flat surface i repeat one more time for everyone 32.5, and wear should not be a factor on brand new tires and they still measure 32.5.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:12 AM
Former Sponsor
Every company has issues they have to address at times. Just because this one has been posted in this thread does not mean that the entire product does not meet a standard for most people aside from you.

The measurement of a good company is how well those issues are resolved and I have offered an alternative solution as well as the willingness to personally assist in resolving his original customer service problems.

How many companies do you see offering service like that these days?

Scott

Originally Posted by shotgunz
Now everyone has an example of why we do not recommend SuperChips, HyperCrap, or Bully$**** programmers.

Last edited by Superchips; 03-23-2011 at 09:15 AM.

Quick Reply: sc flashpaq tire size 2010 f150