CS issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 01:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CS issues

OK, so I went out on a limb and purchased an edge CS off of another member for my Mark LT. I am now having an issue with it while trying to get it to load. It goes through the manufacture selection screen, but it takes me right back to the manufacture screen when I select Ford. If I select other from the list, it tries to go through the process to read from the port and then shows an error. I am afraid that it is hanging up on the VIN verification since it is reading a Lincoln VIN versus a Ford. Any thoughts and Ideas?

Kurtis

Old 02-23-2011, 02:05 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
is your hex code compatable with the unit you purchased?

is the unit unlocked?

Old 02-23-2011, 02:22 AM
The unit is unlocked, however I am not sure on the Hex code since I can not get the code from the unit. I have mad sure that the unit is up to date and still nothing. I have seen that those who have VIN unrecognized get an option to manually enter it however I do not get this on the screen.

edit: Just tried it again, and after cycling through the manufacture screen a coupl of times, it told me that it was having difficulty communicating with my veh and to call tech support.

Last edited by cegpcola; 02-23-2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:56 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Sir - ALWAYS research BEFORE purchase.

Your Truck is NOT supported, AFAIK. Mark LT's have never been; IIRC, Edge never provided support for the Mark LT-specific calibrations; certainly clearly spelled out on the older Evolutions.

==> http://www.edgeproducts.com/product....olution+CS+Gas

Now - to be honest, you see things like this that make you wonder: http://www.tonnocover.com/Edge/part-85150-122783.html. But, I'd trust Edge to provide the most accurate support info, not some third party ( and even that link has conflicting info).

First thing I'd do is to call their Tech Support and confirm. If it's not....

...Try to resell, and go with SCT custom tuning - they will support just about any Ford product ever made with a OBDII port.

MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 02-23-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Sir - ALWAYS research BEFORE purchase.

Your Truck is NOT supported, AFAIK. Mark LT's have never been; IIRC, Edge never provided support for the Mark LT-specific calibrations; certainly clearly spelled out on the older Evolutions.

==> http://www.edgeproducts.com/product....olution+CS+Gas

Now - to be honest, you see things like this that make you wonder: http://www.tonnocover.com/Edge/part-85150-122783.html. But, I'd trust Edge to provide the most accurate support info, not some third party ( and even that link has conflicting info).

First thing I'd do is to call their Tech Support and confirm. If it's not....

...Try to resell, and go with SCT custom tuning - they will support just about any Ford product ever made with a OBDII port.

MGD
Thanks for the typical reply, however I have done the research. The Lincoln is supported according to Bill @ PHP.

http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/2004-...s-mark-lt.html

Old 02-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by cegpcola
Thanks for the typical reply, however I have done the research. The Lincoln is supported according to Bill @ PHP.

http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/2004-...s-mark-lt.html
Don't know why you thought it to be 'typical' - I was just trying to help.

Looks like I just wasted my time attempting to dig up that info for you. No probelmo - won't be making that mistake again.

Edge's site still lists as I showed you - for the older Evo as well as the CS/CTS.

Have you tried an update via Fusion to see if a supported calibration can be acquired?

Thanks for the correction and feedback.

MGD

Old 02-23-2011, 11:20 AM
Don't know why you thought it to be 'typical' - I was just trying to help.

Looks like I just wasted my time attempting to dig up that info for you. No probelmo - won't be making that mistake again.

Edge's site still lists as I showed you - for the older Evo as well as the CS/CTS.

Have you tried an update via Fusion to see if a supported calibration can be acquired?

Thanks for the correction and feedback.

MGD
I refered to your response as typical because your post was the same as everyone always post in reply to someone with a low post count......."re/search". I do understand that a lot of people do not do the research before posting topics, however I am not most people and I do research things before I buy them. I have been reading about the Edge and Gryphon tuners since July and just now started to pull the trigger on one.

I have tried to update via fusion but still did not work.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Ok.

Atypically, perhaps - I don't give a rat's patootie about post count - everyone's the same to me.

Also atypically - I don't see a huge queue of folks lined up to help you - so yer stuck with me for now.

Typically - since this problem appears rather specific to your situation, I suspect Edge Tech Support is going to be yer best recourse here. Judging from what else I could find in the last few minutes, Edge may be able to send you something loadable to 'resurrect' the unit, or some other form of remote support.

Lastly - in the process of 'Gryphonizing' the CS in support of their tuning, I believe the process involves 'lobotomizing' the Edge firmware - this may also remediate the unit and allow updates via PHP's server and a recognizable strategy. Worth a shot? Those tunes are reasonably priced.

Please let us know how you make out.

MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 02-23-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:54 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I refered to your response as typical because your post was the same as everyone always post in reply to someone with a low post count......."re/search". I do understand that a lot of people do not do the research before posting topics, however I am not most people and I do research things before I buy them. I have been reading about the Edge and Gryphon tuners since July and just now started to pull the trigger on one.

I have tried to update via fusion but still did not work.
In retaliation....
Were all individuals and post this way with our own little unique characteristics.....it doesn't matter about post count.......

Now back to your issue....
Contact Bill at PHP if you want to try to use it or sell it and purchase a SCT product in which you can use....
Or you're going to have to get the monochrome Gryphon....

Old 02-23-2011, 12:12 PM
Ok, guys I am not trying to have a pissing match, just trying to post a response to the idea that I didn't do any research. I am sorry if it came across wrong, but though the search button is one of the most underused functions of a forum, it is also one of the most overused answers!

So with everything else behind us, here is the up to date answers I have. PHP advised me to contact Edge to have the unit reset via Edge sending a specific request to my CS' serial number and downloading it to the unit. PHP has advised or at least made it seem as though this is something they have seen with a number of these when they get sold and are used on a new vehicle....I guess the unit doesn't completely reset when a veh is returned to stock and the unit becomes unlocked. It didn't seem to be an issue specific to the Mark LT. I am in the process of loading the firmware sent from Edge at this moment.

Again, I am sorry if I have upset you as that is not my intentions. I do appreciate the help and the effort that you have put into it.

Will let you know the outcome whenever this finishes updating.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:26 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Ok, guys I am not trying to have a pissing match, just trying to post a response to the idea that I didn't do any research. I am sorry if it came across wrong, but though the search button is one of the most underused functions of a forum, it is also one of the most overused answers!

So with everything else behind us, here is the up to date answers I have. PHP advised me to contact Edge to have the unit reset via Edge sending a specific request to my CS' serial number and downloading it to the unit. PHP has advised or at least made it seem as though this is something they have seen with a number of these when they get sold and are used on a new vehicle....I guess the unit doesn't completely reset when a veh is returned to stock and the unit becomes unlocked. It didn't seem to be an issue specific to the Mark LT. I am in the process of loading the firmware sent from Edge at this moment.

Again, I am sorry if I have upset you as that is not my intentions. I do appreciate the help and the effort that you have put into it.

Will let you know the outcome whenever this finishes updating.
what MGDfan has been trying to tell you, the Edge Evo cannot work for you unless you have it converted to a gryphon, now while it's typical that you cannot comprehend that because you want the edge to work on your truck

added another one to the ignore list...

Old 02-23-2011, 01:01 PM
TJ- I think we're good.

I was flat wrong - mislead by the lack of current vehicle update info on Edge's site.

The link Kurtis gave me indiicated that indeed his LT would be supportable, and it now appears as if resuscitation is in progress as we speak.

Pretty decent support from both Bill and Edge, IMHO.

We all cool, methinks.

MGD

Old 02-23-2011, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by tarajerame
what MGDfan has been trying to tell you, the Edge Evo cannot work for you unless you have it converted to a gryphon, now while it's typical that you cannot comprehend that because you want the edge to work on your truck

added another one to the ignore list...
TJ.....the OP has a CS....

Old 02-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks, however I don't think you were wrong just caught up on the info Edge had out. That is the reason that I stated in my original post that "I went out on a Limb"......I have seen a lot of tuners not update their website with a supported list, mostly because they are unsure if it will or will not. Basically they market the product to the F150 because that is the group that really wants to take advantage of their product. Not too many of the Mark LT guys are looking for tuning products. They actually didn't want me to use it on my truck and cautioned me about it this morning before they sent the firmware update.

Now for the update. Waited the hour for it to load and still get the same thing when I try to get it to communicate. Have placed another call to PHP and they want me to email Bill directly to see what he says is the issue.

Also of note, the CS/CTS, if I have read correctly, does not require a gryphon update from them. They can use the Fusion software to transfer tune.

TJ- I think we're good.

I was flat wrong - mislead by the lack of current vehicle update info on Edge's site.

The link Kurtis gave me indiicated that indeed his LT would be supportable, and it now appears as if resuscitation is in progress as we speak.

Pretty decent support from both Bill and Edge, IMHO.

We all cool, methinks.

MGD

Old 02-23-2011, 01:32 PM

Thanks, however I don't think you were wrong just caught up on the info Edge had out. That is the reason that I stated in my original post that "I went out on a Limb"......I have seen a lot of tuners not update their website with a supported list, mostly because they are unsure if it will or will not. Basically they market the product to the F150 because that is the group that really wants to take advantage of their product. Not too many of the Mark LT guys are looking for tuning products. They actually didn't want me to use it on my truck and cautioned me about it this morning before they sent the firmware update.

Now for the update. Waited the hour for it to load and still get the same thing when I try to get it to communicate. Have placed another call to PHP and they want me to email Bill directly to see what he says is the issue.

Also of note, the CS/CTS, if I have read correctly, does not require a gryphon update from them. They can use the Fusion software to transfer tune.
You are correct....

I also assume the issues you are having are somewhat related to the v6 issues that they've had(not supported) and they've been able to correct those....

Good luck and I hope you get it working....

Quick Reply: CS issues