Newbie.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie.

so i haven't been on in a while but i have a few questions...

The other day I jumped in the truck to head home and it wouldn't crank. I noticed that the Edge wasn't on so I unplugged it, plugged it back in and tried to crank the truck again. It would spin over and the battery was really strong, it just wouldn't fire up. I noticed that the programmer said, "Error Code 150." I called Edge and they said that if I wasn't in the middle of changing settings (like from level 2 to level 3 or something) then the PCM was probably bad. So i updated the programmer and tech support tried to re-set the programmer as well but that didn't work. I also tried to jump it off, thinking it could be the battery but I didn't have any luck

Finally I took it to the Ford dealership and they flashed the computer and it cranked right up.

So i guess my question is what in the world is wrong with the Edge? Tech support said that all that needed to be done was to re-set the edge?

Just curious if you guys had any advice!

Old 02-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
You don't keep up with the times, eh?

On 97-03+04h f150s there is a cable issue.....
The chip in the cable can be toasted during a programming session and or messing around with the charging system.....

You should of just left it unplugged then swapped the battery for a new one then plugged it back in....

Tell those tech commando geniouses at edge you need a new cable...

Or do the upgrade to the cs and be rid of that cable forever....

Last edited by 88racing; 02-12-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:45 PM
wow....did the dealership say anything about your edge being installed?

Old 02-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by flavtfan
wow....did the dealership say anything about your edge being installed?
Hes well out of warranty, what could they say? The prolly just smiled and took his money.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by shakin
Hes well out of warranty, what could they say? The prolly just smiled and took his money.
just wondering if the dealership said that was the problem or not.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by flavtfan
just wondering if the dealership said that was the problem or not.
Oh I got ya, I figured you wondered about warranty issues.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:53 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by APPnationjal
so i haven't been on in a while but i have a few questions...

The other day I jumped in the truck to head home and it wouldn't crank. I noticed that the Edge wasn't on so I unplugged it, plugged it back in and tried to crank the truck again. It would spin over and the battery was really strong, it just wouldn't fire up. I noticed that the programmer said, "Error Code 150." I called Edge and they said that if I wasn't in the middle of changing settings (like from level 2 to level 3 or something) then the PCM was probably bad. So i updated the programmer and tech support tried to re-set the programmer as well but that didn't work. I also tried to jump it off, thinking it could be the battery but I didn't have any luck

Finally I took it to the Ford dealership and they flashed the computer and it cranked right up.

So i guess my question is what in the world is wrong with the Edge? Tech support said that all that needed to be done was to re-set the edge?

Just curious if you guys had any advice!

got to love the cable issue on the POS edge...

Old 02-24-2011, 08:39 AM
Ok so after the truck started running again I go it home and called edge back. They said all that needed to be done was to re-set the edge back to factory settings (as if it was brand new). So I hooked the programmer up to my computer and they took all the files off of it and re-loaded everything back onto it. I plugged up the programmer, re-programmed the truck and it fired right up without a problem.

2 1/2 weeks later...

I jump in the truck this morning and the exact same thing happened as last time. The truck wouldn't crank and i get the error 150 code again.

Will a new cable from edge fix the problem completely or will the truck still not crank? I need the truck asap and as of right now its sitting in the parking lot.

What should i do? Have it towed and the computer re-flashed again and call edge? or should I call edge first and try the new cable?

Old 02-24-2011, 08:45 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Ok so after the truck started running again I go it home and called edge back. They said all that needed to be done was to re-set the edge back to factory settings (as if it was brand new). So I hooked the programmer up to my computer and they took all the files off of it and re-loaded everything back onto it. I plugged up the programmer, re-programmed the truck and it fired right up without a problem.

2 1/2 weeks later...

I jump in the truck this morning and the exact same thing happened as last time. The truck wouldn't crank and i get the error 150 code again.

Will a new cable from edge fix the problem completely or will the truck still not crank? I need the truck asap and as of right now its sitting in the parking lot.

What should i do? Have it towed and the computer re-flashed again and call edge? or should I call edge first and try the new cable?
Did you not get a new cable before using the programmer again?

I believe the above responses were pretty clear on that point.

You will now have to go through exactly all the same steps - and headache - as you did before, because you did not address the root cause, despite same being communicated.

If you truly need yer truck to be reliable - as you indicated you did - after the truck is (hopefully) remedied this last time, leave it at the stock PCM calibration, disconnct the Edge and DO NOT use it until a new cable is acquired, or you upgrade to something else.

If you don't - yer just playing roulette with yer PCM - not cool.

MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 02-24-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:47 AM

2 1/2 weeks later...

Please refer to my previous post.....

Last edited by 88racing; 02-24-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Sorry I misunderstood.

I talked to edge and explained exactly what was happening and asked for a new cable and they refused saying that something was wrong with my truck, not the edge and that a new cable wouldn't fix the problem.

I disconnected the battery, hoping that it would re-set the computer (i know, not likely) and obviously, it didn't. I guess I'm going to have the computer re-flashed and send the programmer off to PHP and get Gryphon tunes. Will this solve a lot of the issues?

Old 02-27-2011, 06:23 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Sorry I misunderstood.

I talked to edge and explained exactly what was happening and asked for a new cable and they refused saying that something was wrong with my truck, not the edge and that a new cable wouldn't fix the problem.

I disconnected the battery, hoping that it would re-set the computer (i know, not likely) and obviously, it didn't. I guess I'm going to have the computer re-flashed and send the programmer off to PHP and get Gryphon tunes. Will this solve a lot of the issues?
do have a CS or an Evolution??

Old 02-27-2011, 08:20 AM
glc
Received 766 Likes on 708 Posts
If you have an Edge Evo, PHP will not convert it or write custom tunes because of the cable issue.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:20 AM

Sorry I misunderstood.

Response to bold.....>>>>CAN'T BE DONE.....you must NOT have done ANY research.....

Please read AGAIN>>>https://www.f150online.com/forums/4493016-post2.html

Quick Reply: Newbie.