My Custom settings

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Custom settings

So after looking around on this site for awhile i found some pretty interesting settings for the evo. I have been driving my truck around in towing mode for a while now using some of my own settings and i just wasnt happy with it. So i switched it up. went to the extreme setting and used these settings that im about to list. (btw i know the best thing to do is a custom tune, and believe me i'm going to get one, this is just for the mean time.) Ive only been on one test drive but it seems to be doing better. tell me what u guys think.

06 5.4L with airaid CAI, and flowmaster 10series single in dual out

WOT Fuel= 1.35
Gear ratio= 3.73
Timing= -2.00
speedo= 200
Shift firmness 1-2, 2-3 = +14
3-4= +12
Rev. limit= 5650
WOT Shift= 1-2, 2-3 is 5230
3-4= 4850
Standard shift point= all canned except 3-4 is -1
Tire size= 2400mm

I know u might be wondering why timing is -2.00 but i set it that way because im running 87, i know it says not to but i read some responses that said its ok if you back down the timing at about .5 for every 1 oct. and i dont hear it knocking or feel it running funny so im assuming its ok. (will take input advise on that)

So what do you guys think yay or nay?

Old 01-22-2011, 07:59 AM
I say nay to using the performance tune as your baseline. You have a CAI so you are already running a hair lean. The better option would be to base your changes on the tow tune which runs a bit rich. You also wont need to drop the timing to run regular fuel. Ignition timing isn't the only aspect that is advanced in the performance tune, some of the other ones you just dont have control over.

If you run the tow tune you could *carefully* raise the timing a bit but there are limitations and you need to do research and know what you are doing inside and out before you attempt it.

WOT fuel, probably wouldn't hurt to bump it up to 1.40-1.5 range since you have the CAI. Try different values and use the one that works best. Your really close to what I use. I use 1.3-1.4 with the stock intake.

The speed limiter should be set to the rating of your tires. Your truck can only go as fast as your weakest tire. No sense in allowing the temptation since it can get you killed.

WOT shift points look fine.

I actually have some of my standard shift points lowered to help get better fuel mileage but it is a mute point if your engine cannot run efficiently at low rpms.

Originally Posted by Drewcifer1806
So after looking around on this site for awhile i found some pretty interesting settings for the evo. I have been driving my truck around in towing mode for a while now using some of my own settings and i just wasnt happy with it. So i switched it up. went to the extreme setting and used these settings that im about to list. (btw i know the best thing to do is a custom tune, and believe me i'm going to get one, this is just for the mean time.) Ive only been on one test drive but it seems to be doing better. tell me what u guys think.

WOT Fuel= 1.35
Gear ratio= 3.73
Timing= -2.00
speedo= 200
3-4= +12
Rev. limit= 5650
3-4= 4850
Tire size= 2400mm

I know u might be wondering why timing is -2.00 but i set it that way because im running 87, i know it says not to but i read some responses that said its ok if you back down the timing at about .5 for every 1 oct. and i dont hear it knocking or feel it running funny so im assuming its ok. (will take input advise on that)

Old 01-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Thank you sir, yea i believe your right with going back to tow. i think it would be a better decision. and i might lower my standard shift points cause it seems like it should be shifting gears earlier then it is

Old 01-23-2011, 04:59 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Drewcifer1806

WOT Fuel= 1.35
Gear ratio= 3.73
Timing= -2.00
speedo= 200
3-4= +12
Rev. limit= 5650
3-4= 4850
Tire size= 2400mm

what is your timing? spark advance, air to fuel ratio looking like???

Old 01-24-2011, 12:27 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Nay......
Custom tunes would get you a better AF to handle your CAI....
And you'll won't be slowly killing the truck with the washoobi...

Quick Reply: My Custom settings