09 trans table help

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
09 trans table help

I have been monitoring this site since i got my truck and have yet to see any definative answers on whether or not anyone has figured out the trans tables on the new transmissions in the '09 and up trucks. I installed a ProCharger set up and it came with the SCT xcal3. Runs outstanding, but the trans is a hit or miss kind of thing. I want the truck to shift firmer and not up shift so fast. Everyone has said it's in the trans tables and they have not cracked into those yet. Any ideas? I was told to data log the truck so i could send info back and forth to ProCharger to see if they could do anything with it. Seems like a big pain in the ***, but if this is the only way i guess i don't have a choice.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:10 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by stonegreen 09
I have been monitoring this site since i got my truck and have yet to see any definative answers on whether or not anyone has figured out the trans tables on the new transmissions in the '09 and up trucks. I installed a ProCharger set up and it came with the SCT xcal3. Runs outstanding, but the trans is a hit or miss kind of thing. I want the truck to shift firmer and not up shift so fast. Everyone has said it's in the trans tables and they have not cracked into those yet. Any ideas? I was told to data log the truck so i could send info back and forth to ProCharger to see if they could do anything with it. Seems like a big pain in the ***, but if this is the only way i guess i don't have a choice.
SCT can, and does control the TCM.

Yer best bet is to find someone truly competent and qualified to custom tune yer truck. Clearly Procharger cannot. You probably got an SCT template with just a couple tweaks - hardly what would be considwered 'custom'.

Advice? Call / email Justin Starkey @ vmptuning.com.

And be happy with a fully functional and SAFE tune.

BTW - did Procharger give you a list of PID's & DMR's to log? Care to share? any TCM-specific items on that list? If not yer wasting time with them.

MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 10-26-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:07 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
If you don't get any where with procharger try to contact Mike at Troyer......but he's so busy........
Justin at VMP should know also.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the quick help. I just sent justin a note on this to see what he can do.I stopped listening to the salesman after he told me i was the first person who called about this problem since they released this kit 1 year ago. He then said they have the best tuner in house and to talk to him about data logging the truck to see what was going with my perticular problem. I then asked him if they had the best tuner around, then why didn't he program the trans? I was told that every vehicle is different. So i didn't get any of the PIDs or DMRs to look at. Like i said if i could get the trans to work with the motor, this thing would be stupid fun to drive. Now i just feel stupid driving it wondering if it will get out of it's own way when i spank it hard.

Quick Reply: 09 trans table help