A few questions about edge prog...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 11:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few questions about edge prog...

First let me start off by saying that I have used the search option. I know that that seems to be some peoples fav answer... so let me get to why Im here...
I have a 2005 XLT with a 4.6L. I just got a Evo and I have been reading that since I have a CAI and dual exh, that I need to upgrade to a custom tune, ie Gryphon. I have also read that untill I upgrade, I should run it on level 2 (towing). Does anyone know if this is the case or just some junk that has been passed. Can anyone tell me how much it is to upgrade and do I need to send it to PHP to do or is it something that with a little time and a computer I can do myself.

Thanks guys

Old 02-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
First, rest easy, the NEED to have custom tunes to be safe with a CAI on an 05 only applies to the 5.4 3v. You can safely run level 2 or 3. To upgrade to the Gryphon, and custom tunes, you must return your PCM to stock and send your unit to PHP to be reskinned as a Gryphon. It will come back to you with whatever tunes you decide to purchase. The custom tunes will safely get more out of your engine and provide much better shifting and downshifting, than the canned, one size fits all tunes.

Last edited by Bluejay; 02-23-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:58 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Here's a link for the upgrade.
http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13..._Your_Evo.html
+S/H and insurance.

Quick Reply: A few questions about edge prog...