Edge Evolution. Cheapest place to purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 08:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by XPerties
PHP ordering through them:

$399 + $30 per custom tune x3 = $489

Order Edge from another source and send to PHP for Gryphon upgrade:

Edge - $359 (based on info in this thread)
Gryphon Upgrade - $25
Per custom tune - $60 (x3)
Total = $564

Cheaper to order from PHP and not to mention their special right now is "SAVE $30 on All Orders Over $300" so your finial price from PHP would be $459. Custom tunes are more if you order the tuner from another location then send it in for the Gryphon upgrade with custom tunes.
That $489 is only if he gets 3 custom tunes. He can just get the gryphon, which is an edge unit for the $399, then subtract the $30 discount. He'll be at $369 for an edge/gryphon, and still have the option to upgrade later. Only $10 more then what you'll pay online for an edge.
OR, use that $30 discount as a free tune, and get one custom tune. Drive around with the gryphon canned tunes for a couple months, then once your custom tune arrives, load and go.

If I was looking to buy an edge, I would do one of the two above. Makes more sense, and will save you money in the future.

Old 11-07-2009, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the info JNC and XPerties. Yeah, I'm only getting 2 tunes at the most. So if you need 3 for the $489 deal, then I'd pass. When does the $30 off offer end? I'll have to checkout PHP next week when I have a chance. See if it really is cheaper.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:54 PM
You don't have to get any custom tunes when you first order. You can run the canned tunes on the gryphon for as long as you want. A gryphon starts it's life as an edge, so you still have the same options as you would if you bought the edge. Gryphon just overs a couple more options.
I'm almost 100% that you will still get the $30 off with just the gryphon purchase. If you're going to get an edge, might as well spend the couple bucks extra and get the gryphon so you have the option to get custom tunes later down the road.

Old 11-14-2009, 04:21 PM
I have a couple more questions. It says on the PHP website that the Gryphon is black. Even if you mail them the default grey Edge for upgrading, they switch the case to black. Why do they do this and is it possible to get a gryphon without changing the case? Also, is the entire pod black or just the gryphon it self?

Thanks

Old 11-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by LonestarROB
I have a couple more questions. It says on the PHP website that the Gryphon is black. Even if you mail them the default grey Edge for upgrading, they switch the case to black. Why do they do this and is it possible to get a gryphon without changing the case? Also, is the entire pod black or just the gryphon it self?

Thanks
No, just the case of the Gryphon is black. For your model year truck, the pod would be the slate grey color that is a near perfect match with the slate grey dashboard.

They switch the case so it is known to be "rebranded". That way Bill can write custom tunes for it. Edge will not allow their units to be custom tuned, so they can maintain 50-state emmissions certification.

- Jack

Old 11-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Ahh I see. Would rather it be grey but makes since why they change it. Thanks for the info.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:32 PM
AutoAnything has dropped their Edge price back down to $349 now.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:33 PM
I am thinking about buying an edge from a buddy of mine. What do i have to do to get it to work on my truck? he has already set his truck to stock and it is ready to go in mine but i am afraid to just plug it in. do i have to reset the programmer so it knows its in a new truck? or when i plug it in will it automatically know its a new truck and just start over?

Old 11-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by willys5555
I am thinking about buying an edge from a buddy of mine. What do i have to do to get it to work on my truck? he has already set his truck to stock and it is ready to go in mine but i am afraid to just plug it in. do i have to reset the programmer so it knows its in a new truck? or when i plug it in will it automatically know its a new truck and just start over?
What year was your buddy's truck? I notice you have a '97. You need the older model Edge. If it's one of those, and it's at stock, you should be able to simply plug it in and have fun.

- Jack

Old 11-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just purchased a edge evo today from autoanything for 349.20 free shipping suppose to be here tomorrow CANT WAIT

Old 11-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
What year was your buddy's truck? I notice you have a '97. You need the older model Edge. If it's one of those, and it's at stock, you should be able to simply plug it in and have fun.

- Jack
umm i am not sure of the year off the top of my head. He said the model number for the programmer is 15050. i looked it up and it says 1997-2003? and yes he said he already put his truck back to stock. If for some reason it isnt at stock like he says, what will i have to do?

Quick Reply: Edge Evolution. Cheapest place to purchase?