Gryphon will not power on

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gryphon will not power on

Well I thought it was going to be a good day. I got a nice present when I got home from work my new gryphon! Well when I went to install it and connect it to my truck Nada. So I try to remove and replace per the instructions, Nada. So I take it in the house and connect it to my computer, powers right on!

So I have a $400 brick and PHP is going to be at SEMA this week. I am not too happy. I know things happen but I HATE it when they happen to me! LoL

Has anyone had any problems like this with their gryphon? If so what did you do?

Old 10-30-2009, 08:58 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by brianbat420
Well I thought it was going to be a good day. I got a nice present when I got home from work my new gryphon! Well when I went to install it and connect it to my truck Nada. So I try to remove and replace per the instructions, Nada. So I take it in the house and connect it to my computer, powers right on!

So I have a $400 brick and PHP is going to be at SEMA this week. I am not too happy. I know things happen but I HATE it when they happen to me! LoL

Has anyone had any problems like this with their gryphon? If so what did you do?
Two things to check. First, watch the dash gauges on your truck when yougo to start it. Are they acting weird at all? The Edge/Gryphon takes a lot of juice and your battery could be going bad. Next thing. The port uses the same fuse as the lighter. Check that fuse.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Two things to check. First, watch the dash gauges on your truck when yougo to start it. Are they acting weird at all? The Edge/Gryphon takes a lot of juice and your battery could be going bad. Next thing. The port uses the same fuse as the lighter. Check that fuse.
Man you are awsome! I havent used my lighter in a long time and the fuze is blown! Now I have to try and find some or canabalize from somewhere else.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:13 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by brianbat420
Man you are awsome! I havent used my lighter in a long time and the fuze is blown! Now I have to try and find some or canabalize from somewhere else.
Glad to be of assistance! Hope you get it going, you will have a blast with it.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Glad to be of assistance! Hope you get it going, you will have a blast with it.
Good catch, Jim!

You'll get yourself on PHP's payroll whether you want to be or not, if you keep this up. And, it pays just as much as f150Online's payroll!

- Jack

Old 10-30-2009, 09:49 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Good catch, Jim!

You'll get yourself on PHP's payroll whether you want to be or not, if you keep this up. And, it pays just as much as f150Online's payroll!

- Jack
Dad Gum, that sounds great! Double my pay!

Old 10-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Just for anyone who doesn't get this "inside joke", two times zero is still - ZERO!

- Jack

Quick Reply: Gryphon will not power on