Got my tunes & now some ???'s

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got my tunes & now some ???'s

Have an 07' SCREW 5.4 with only a maggie on it. Bought a XCAL2 and had 3 tunes done ( 93 perf,87 perf and 87 tow) to wake it up. Never had a tuner before, I just likes what I heard about them.
Got the tunes emailed and couple days ago and loaded the 87 perf and drove around to get the feel and so the PCM could "relearn ". Was'nt expecting a huge difference on the 87 tune, as I've used the seach tab alot and read the biggest will come from your 93 perf. So, what i've noticed on the 87 was that when i put the pedal 1/4 or half way i'll get some "knock & ping". Maybe gas related or air-fuel is off. So, that'll have to be tweaked.
After 2 days of drivng on that, it was time to fill up with 93 and load the "performance" tune and see my biggest gains. Well, it was'nt a truly big difference over the 87 tune, but when you stomp it to pass someone, IT'S THERE!!! But now off the line, I don't even think the tires will break loose.
Here are my questions: I hear people playing with the settings on the flasher for the torque converter, shift points and WOT shift points etc.. Is that stuff I should'nt mess with ? How much tweaking did you guys have to do and on what ?
Thanks
Carl

Last edited by aqua-holic; 03-03-2009 at 09:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Got my tunes & now some ???'s