Delivery times to Canada

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delivery times to Canada

Just wondering what would be the waiting time to get a Gryphon sent to eastern Canada. Anyone in canada can give me a heads ups on their experiance.
I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and i am concerned that it may have got lost in the mail or sent to the wrong address. Or maybe this is just normal delivery time for a cross border shipment between the Us postal service and Canada post.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Chris,

I believe I shipped your programmer on April 25th; I took three Canadian orders to the post office myself. As far as I know, nobody in Canada received theirs yet. In fact, I e-mailed someone this morning who was asking about his Gryphon, which was shipped out the same day. Priority mail is supposed to take 6-10 days according to the USPS website, but I'm not sure how customs affects the transaction. I recently shipped something ground to a Canadian customer, and it took 3-4 weeks! If your Gryphon doesn't appear by the end of the week, please let me know. Everything we ship is insured, so worst case scenario: we ship out another programmer to you and then we'll fight it out with the USPS.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:37 PM
I have to say your customer service is tremendous. I guess thats the way things go this day in age with border security. Plus i live on an Island out in the Atlantic ocean which causes alot of headaches at times with every type of transportation to and from Newfoundland. Thanks again Corey!!!

Old 05-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Former Sponsor
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! After the day I've had, it's nice to hear that we are appreciated! There are just so many hours in a day, and even working with just 4-6 hours of sleep each night, we just can't seem to get caught up. I guess that's a good thing, really, but it's causing customers to have to wait, and we wish we could work faster.

You just made my day, Chris.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
I don't have any experience with shipping to Canada, but I've ordered some LED lights from a Canadian distributer and it takes about one week for them to arrive here. They ship via "Canpar", which I think is like our UPS and it "connects" to UPS. (BTW, I'm not a fan of UPS either - I prefer USPS or FedEx).

Two weeks does seem a rather long wait doesn't it? You'd think the delay would be much longer into this country, given our current state of paranoia.

But, the quick response you get from Corey is one of the main reasons I am an unabashed supporter of PHP. Great products are not so great when there's no reliable customer support. With PHP, you've got the best of both.

- Jack

Old 05-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've gotten a number of packages from the US via USPS/Canada Post. It's a real crap shoot of when you'll get it. Personally 2 weeks is generally the minimum I wait. But I've never waited 4 either. Somewhere in the middle. I know it's hard, but be patient. I doubt living on the rock will delay it anymore then it would to BC.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:15 AM
my gryphon only took just less than a week,my gale banks stuff about 4 days,yet 2 music cd s took nearly 4 weeks.crapshoot is the word.pretty sure the holdup is at the border and the mood of border staff,just by border date stamps on packages.stuff seems to get there fast then sometimes be in limbo for a while

Old 05-07-2008, 01:29 AM
Chris you should get yours in the mail any day if you haven't yet. Mine was one of the ones sent April 25th and received today. I am in north east BC and generally things take forever to get here.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:51 AM
Chris I am the third Canadian they shiiped to and I am stil waiting as well, it is our border services that SUCK things can sit there forever for no reason even if they pay for next day service.

Hopefully it will be here any time now. Corey and them have been awsome with answering questions ect, I dont even have the unit yet and the service is 100% !!

Old 05-07-2008, 09:13 AM
if its been shipped USPS, customs always hangs onto it for 2 or 4 days - chris, why dont you just check the tracking number? even before the package has entered canada, you can use canada posts website to track it and it has way better info then what USPS has.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Be thankful all you guys are getting them shipped USPS. I was probably the first Canadian Gryphon customer and got it via UPS - can you say $85 "brokerage" fee.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Red4
Be thankful all you guys are getting them shipped USPS. I was probably the first Canadian Gryphon customer and got it via UPS - can you say $85 "brokerage" fee.
Unfortunately, your Gryphon was shipped with two others, I think. I don't think it's fair that the brokerage fee wasn't explained on UPS's website when I set up my initial Canadian orders. I have learned MUCH about shipping to Canada since your order... and I STILL hate those darn forms.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:17 PM
UPS is the worst for phoney fees and made up charges, I own 2 businesses here in Canada and refuse to use them.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:32 PM
I have ordered a lot of stuff online from the US and had it shipped via USPS, and it usually takes a MINIMUM of 2 weeks. I have had some stuff take up to 4 weeks.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by chris3677
Just wondering what would be the waiting time to get a Gryphon sent to eastern Canada. Anyone in canada can give me a heads ups on their experiance.
I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and i am concerned that it may have got lost in the mail or sent to the wrong address. Or maybe this is just normal delivery time for a cross border shipment between the Us postal service and Canada post.
WOO-HOO! I received an e-mail from one of the three Canadian customers whose Gryphons were shipped on April 25th. He received it today! The USPS uses vehicles to deliver to Canada after all! (I was beginning to think they were coming on horseback!)

Quick Reply: Delivery times to Canada