I see Edge problems galore!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stealth
Research? We don't need no stinking research!

Honestly, the edge does so much more compared to the weak sct tuners anyone with a brain could see why people have issues with the edge, and the vast majority are from user error. It's all about reading comprehension.
Can someone go wake Stealth up from his dreams?

Old 03-21-2008, 04:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Can someone go wake Stealth up from his dreams?
Come on, thump, how hard is it to plug in a sct tuner? I mean you couldn't even figure out your edge.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Stealth
Come on, thump, how hard is it to plug in a sct tuner? I mean you couldn't even figure out your edge.
I didn't have a problem with programming my Edge. I had a problem with the tuning. No problem with my SCT/VMP combo though.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I didn't have a problem with programming my Edge. I had a problem with the tuning. No problem with my SCT/VMP combo though.
No problem with my Edge tuning.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:39 PM
I think you see more edge problem postings for a combination of a lot of reasons. #1 user error, #2 more sales, #3 most people will post if having a problem not if having none. #4 compatition or supporters posting to make edge look bad. I am sure there are some issues as with any product. but I must say I was worried about the edge from reading the problem posts but bought one anyways. I have the AF1 intake everyone said made there trucks run lean. and no lean issue. and even with this intake and magnaflow cat back I still have no lean issue from the edge. and no problems whatsoever. I have always suspected reason #4 for at least 1/3 of the problem posts I see. the first thing I look for is a low post count. but maybe I am just paranoid.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by jasonkola
I think you see more edge problem postings for a combination of a lot of reasons. #1 user error, #2 more sales, #3 most people will post if having a problem not if having none. #4 compatition or supporters posting to make edge look bad. I am sure there are some issues as with any product. but I must say I was worried about the edge from reading the problem posts but bought one anyways. I have the AF1 intake everyone said made there trucks run lean. and no lean issue. and even with this intake and magnaflow cat back I still have no lean issue from the edge. and no problems whatsoever. I have always suspected reason #4 for at least 1/3 of the problem posts I see. the first thing I look for is a low post count. but maybe I am just paranoid.
What size is your AF1? Do you realize that you can be running lean without throwing a code? Put it up on a dyno with a A/F meter hooked up and see. It won't lie. I was running lean when I was running a Edge on Level3 and a S&B intake. I'm positive the AF1 flows better than it so I would imagine it'd be running lean. Lean enough to warrant a custom tune, regardless who does it. I'd be giving Bill a call ...

Old 03-21-2008, 10:31 PM
I think you see more edge problem postings for a combination of a lot of reasons. #1 user error, #2 more sales, #3 most people will post if having a problem not if having none.
Agreed.

I've been using mine for 1.5 years with no problems whatsoever. I know there are many others as well. I'm completely satisfied.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:55 PM
Thumbs up

i got my edge over a year ago,it came with a faulty code,i called the good people at edge,downloaded the lightening software as they said and updated ,have been running level 2 tow.i have a k&n cai w/amsoil dry filter instead of the oil filter,still use k&n prefilter,flowmaster cat back series 50 system.had to custom tune for my rear gears and tires is all.no problems and 15.5town to 19 mpg hwy.also pulling a small 2000lb.13 ft. camp trailer w/yamaha rhino in the bed at 65mph still get 15.5mpg.very pleased with the edge for what my needs are.ps.put it back to stock the other day for about 10 miles,no way!to spoiled on the instant throttle response and extra torque down low.

Old 03-22-2008, 01:38 AM
I have always wondered if the thinner air at 5000 ft or more would make the potential lean condition go away. With less dense air = less oxygen to burn. The MAF measures the amount of flow, not the amount of oxygen in the air coming in, right? If so, one would think that running a CAI + Edge + Catback setup may not cause a problem. If one would drive to sea level with this setup, I would imagine a lean condition forming with the higher density of the atmosphere. I have no idea, but makes sense to me.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:59 AM
What size is your AF1? Do you realize that you can be running lean without throwing a code? Put it up on a dyno with a A/F meter hooked up and see. It won't lie. I was running lean when I was running a Edge on Level3 and a S&B intake. I'm positive the AF1 flows better than it so I would imagine it'd be running lean. Lean enough to warrant a custom tune, regardless who does it. I'd be giving Bill a call ...
well I was not sure what size I had so I went out and measured the intake. just eyebolling it acrost the tube with a tape measure. It looks like it measures 3.25" outside diameter.

I doubt it is running lean as I have a digital air/fuel gauge in my guage pod that I bought to keep an eye on my air fuel mixture when I put that intake and exhaust on. it fluctuates between rich and lean alot but never reads lean unless I am coasting down a hill and it goes lean for a short time about 3 to 5 seconds max. then the computer must readjusts. I actually think my truck was programmed rich from the factory as I always smelled that rotten egg smell for the first year before I put the intake and exhaust on. and I get poor gas milage (worse than most). even after I put them on I smelled it on occasion. I think the intake and exhaust actually helped to correct a rich condition. I have not smelled it sense I put the edge on. I can tell it is breathing alot more though the intake makes alot more noise than it did before. my air fuel meter dose not show any lean condition to wory about. and I have not thrown a code. I imagine if I was running slightly lean I would not throw a code but any major lean condition would throw a code plus it would show on my meter. I have thought of putting it on a dyno to check the A/f but I am not sure where I would go to find a dyno arround here. I imagine I could call shops arround here and find someone who could check the a/f without a dyno. but I think I might be just wasting money having it tested on the off chance it would be running lean without throwing a code or showing up on my meter.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by KSpencer
Howdy everyone,

I have not been to this section for awhile, but one thing stands out..."Problems with Edge" posts. Is this tuner that problematic? I have had mine for awhile now without any issues, so why are all of the problems occuring? Please, don't just post "because they are junk" replies as that does not really help. I guess that I am just looking for some good honest answers from people that have had experience with other tuners, too. My reason for getting the Edge was for the combo display, just so you know. I also got mine before hearing about the Livewire.

For me this is how I look at this situation.
Every one who has trouble with their edge comes on here to figure out a solution to some sort of problem with their edge. Now, out of all the people who has an Edge, how many people who have no problems come on here and tell us about it?
Its kinda like comparing it to the Police/EMS/FireFighters.......They do good deeds all day long and never get recognized for these deeds, but as soon as they do something wrong or screw something up, the whole world knows about it and its broad casted everywhere.
See where I am coming from...

Old 03-22-2008, 09:35 PM
BSL
User error for my issue plus the fact that windows vista is retarded, I really wish my last computer hadn't blown up.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by BSL
User error for my issue plus the fact that windows vista is retarded, I really wish my last computer hadn't blown up.

Your last computer blew up Was that user error as well

Old 03-22-2008, 10:18 PM
So the way i am taking this is if i get an edge tuner and install without a CAI just a lets say a K&N replacement filter, stock exhaust, stock wheels & tires, and run a tune preprogrammed in edge, i would probably be just fine?

Old 03-23-2008, 12:34 AM
BSL
Your last computer blew up Was that user error as well
No that was a manufacturer defect in the battery technically it only started on fire, still scary and irritating at the same time to have to put out your laptop though

Quick Reply: I see Edge problems galore!