Nothing But Problems With Canned Tunes!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by torkum
Is your truck diesel or gas? F250? Sure would like to hear Mike's side of the story now.

the truck is an 05 f-150 5.4, and NO WHERE in the instructions does it say anything about tuning in colder weather.

i am in no ways bashing troyers tunes, just the fact that i have been getting the run around since day one. they wont back up a product that they sell. i never blamed it on TRYOERS tunes, just there product.

i just wish that they would return some calls so we can get to the bottom of this.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I can't believe all you guys on here...... Troyer performance is an SCT dealer. They sell SCT products, obviously. As a dealer he is supposed to support the products they sell. Think about it this way, if your brand new truck broke down and you went to take it back to the dealer to get it fixed and the dealer says "wait this is a Ford problem, it has nothing to do with us. Go talk to Ford." Or you go to Walmart and buy a defective samsung phone, you go to take it back to walmart and they say talk to samsung....I have flashed many vehicles with programmers that are in -30 weather. The programmer is defective plain and simple and Troyer performance should take the liberty of replacing it for as it obviously came that way.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Why not give his money back ?He'll sell ten more to the people here on the fence about the puchase of custom tunes . I know his tunes didnt make the guys truck screw up . but isn't he a distributer? Theres way to many positive things here about troyer custom tunes to let one unsatisfied customer tarnish it . I know thers also two sides to the story . and there a lot of potential buyes as well Like myself .

Old 02-08-2008, 01:41 AM
I'm gonna have to go behind Troyer on this one. If you bought an XCal and used the canned tunes and they sucked, that's not his fault. I am sure Mike would fully stand behind a product he sells despite the fact that he doesn't handle the canned tunes, but your real gripe at this point is with SCT. not Troyer.

I mean, is it Costco's fault if the widesceen TV you bought blows up and makes you spill your beer all over the couch during the Super Bowl, causing your wife/gf to get all over your a$$ and causes the dog to start barking causing the neighbors to call the cops on you for creating a disturbance? Probably not...

I know what it's like to deal with difficult people. I know what it's like to be busy. I know what it's like to be overwhelmed. I've heard fantastic things about Troyer and have a great deal of respect for him and his business. I'm sure that as long as you are reasonable, he'll do what he can to help you. While it's certainly your right to come on here and rant, I really don't think it's going to help improve your situation.

Best of luck.

Bill

Old 02-08-2008, 03:42 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by ASEMechanic
I'm gonna have to go behind Troyer on this one. If you bought an XCal and used the canned tunes and they sucked, that's not his fault. I am sure Mike would fully stand behind a product he sells despite the fact that he doesn't handle the canned tunes, but your real gripe at this point is with SCT. not Troyer.

I mean, is it Costco's fault if the widesceen TV you bought blows up and makes you spill your beer all over the couch during the Super Bowl, causing your wife/gf to get all over your a$$ and causes the dog to start barking causing the neighbors to call the cops on you for creating a disturbance? Probably not...

I know what it's like to deal with difficult people. I know what it's like to be busy. I know what it's like to be overwhelmed. I've heard fantastic things about Troyer and have a great deal of respect for him and his business. I'm sure that as long as you are reasonable, he'll do what he can to help you. While it's certainly your right to come on here and rant, I really don't think it's going to help improve your situation.

Best of luck.

Bill
x2 on everything.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:12 AM
WHO EVER EDITED ALL THIS JUST DELETE THE WHOLE THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the point about this was about the CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or lack there of. TROYER SHOULD STAND BEHIND THERE PRODUCT!!

Old 02-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Call Sct!

Old 02-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Coming on here jumping up and down acting like a child is not going to solve your problem it will make it worse as you have just witnessed. Call SCT and talk and to tech support. I have close to 7000 to 8000miles on my truck with canned tunes and no problems. I will tell you as a buisness person and a sales person that if you came in to my store acting like this I would probably be less than willing to help you solve your problem.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by dsq3973
Coming on here jumping up and down acting like a child is not going to solve your problem it will make it worse as you have just witnessed. Call SCT and talk and to tech support. I have close to 7000 to 8000miles on my truck with canned tunes and no problems. I will tell you as a buisness person and a sales person that if you came in to my store acting like this I would probably be less than willing to help you solve your problem.

so you guys wouldnt be a little pissed if troyer has be avoiding your calls for a month?? i have spen hours on the phone trying to get to the bottom of this.

also, if you buy a ford and have some service that needs done and you take it to the dealer that you baught it from,and they tell you to take it dirrectly to ford. wouldnt you wonder why?? shouldnt the DEALER help you out? its the same thing!

Old 02-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Troyer will stand behind the product. If you got a defective one you just need to work with him and he will replace it. Coming here and acting like a 3 year old having a tantrum is not going to resolve anything. He doesn't avoid calls. I grant you I would be pissed if he did though.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:44 AM
When I made the decision to purchase my SCT tuner from Troyer I spent quite some time on here reading and researching what to do and not to do. Everytime I needed to talk to some at Troyer Performace they have been there to answer the question quickly and politely. Attitude is every thing when trying to solve a problem as I was trying to get across in my previous post. Yes I might be upset when something I buy doesnt work but I am not going to go waving my arm and screaming at the top of my lungs to the person I purchased it from because it is not how you solve a problem in a professional and civil manner.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:18 AM
The posts in this thread are reflections of the tone and content of your initial post. (Your first post, and a rant... bad idea) And I'm betting that any conversations you had with Troyer were similar, which is why it makes sense that no one is bending over backwards to help you. Aside from the fact that you're not going to get much sympathy after driving home drunk, you need to consider reactions to your statements and adjust your tone accordingly. It doesn't matter how righteous you are if your presentation sucks.

dsq3973 is right. Take the advice and move on.

...Yes I might be upset when something I buy doesnt work but I am not going to go waving my arm and screaming at the top of my lungs to the person I purchased it from because it is not how you solve a problem in a professional and civil manner.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Mike troyer, wow what a hot head. i take it he saw this and called me up all pissed off being VERY snippy. i had to calm him down just to get a decent answer. he just rambles on and wont let you get a word in, and when i have to say something i have to interrupt and then he gets pissed at me. MIKE let others talk for once!! try listening!!

long story short mike wont do a damn thing to help me out. he wont even switch out my crappy tuner for another one where the display actualy works. STILL NO custom work order sheets.....nothing!

on a side note, get your storys stright when you are trying to aviod my calls. crystal says that you are with customers and busy. you come on the phone and say that you have been sick.

nice way to hang up the phone, ill see you in court. i never said anything about that. way to try to make me look like the ****.

Last edited by preddy08; 02-08-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by preddy08
way to try to make me look like the ****.
I think you have done a nice job of that yourself.

I have never had a problem with Troyer customer service. Granted I haven't been calling all that much but when I did have a problem they politely and quickly solved the issue. You lost all credibility when you said you had a few beers and almost got a DUI and then whine like a little kid here. Do you want us to solve your problems for you?? First: quit whining on here. Second: Don't drink and drive. Third: Take a good look at yourself and figure how you could have done this better. Fourth: Learn how to solve your own problems.

Kevin

Old 02-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by preddy08
so you guys wouldnt be a little pissed if troyer has be avoiding your calls for a month?? i have spen hours on the phone trying to get to the bottom of this.

also, if you buy a ford and have some service that needs done and you take it to the dealer that you baught it from,and they tell you to take it dirrectly to ford. wouldnt you wonder why?? shouldnt the DEALER help you out? its the same thing!
Comparing the Ford Dealer/Ford Manufacturer relationship is slightly different than Troyer/SCT relationship. I agree with you 100% that the company you bought the product from should be your initial point of contact for issues and customer service, but the fact remains that Troyer didn't build it. He's a reseller. Ultimately, it is SCT's problem, not his.

Regardless of your feelings about Troyer (which obviously are not the warm, fuzzy type), I can't imagine that he would just blow you off unless you started out acting like a jerk in the first place. Troyer has been a sponsor on here for a LONG time and has almost a cult following of people who have had nothing but a fantastic experience with him and his company. You don't get that reputation by being an a$$ to people who call in with problems.

I understand that people can get overly excited, especially when it comes to money and their trucks. I also understand that Troyer is often difficult to get in touch with and it is very frustrating to people. However, screaming and yelling is certainly not going to garner any sympathy from anyone... not from Troyer and not from the members here.

All I can suggest is that everyone just take two steps back, take a deep breath, put all the emotional stuff in the corner for a minute and see what can be done to resolve the issue at hand.

I'd really hope that Troyer would be a stand-up guy and give you a refund if you weren’t happy with the product. I don’t know what his return policy is or if he has one, but most vendors usually give you 30 days to return a product for a refund. If he can’t help you, maybe another SCT dealer can... although given you history now, I doubt anyone would want to try and help you.

I sincerely hope that you do get your issue resolved. Good luck.

Bill

PS – It would be nice if Troyer would chime in on this one. I’d like to hear his side of the story and see if there is anything that can be done to resolve this. I mean, is $500.00 really worth all the crap that’s going on here? Just a thought…

Quick Reply: Nothing But Problems With Canned Tunes!!!