Custom Troyer Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Custom Troyer Tunes

How do custom Troyer tunes get programmed to the engine's cpu? Is there a chip or do you have to use a specific programmer? What programmers can be used to input a custom Troyer tune?

Thanks!

Old 01-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Troyer deals with sct, so you will need a sct tuner, xcal 2, xcal 3, or the sct livewire. You can check him out at troyerperformance.com

Old 01-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the info...What does he charge for a custom tune? I emailed him and have not heard back in a while.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:13 PM
You would be better calling Troyer.

Kevin

Old 01-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Mo Power
Thanks for the info...What does he charge for a custom tune? I emailed him and have not heard back in a while.
Check out www.troyerperformance.com .. 3 custom tunes are included in the price of the Xcal 2 or Xcal 3.. and CALL them to place the order, give them your handle on this site and you'll get a bit of a discount..

Old 01-19-2008, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the advice, Tex! Right now I think I will just stick to the XCal 3 canned tunes....

Old 01-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by Mo Power
Thanks for the advice, Tex! Right now I think I will just stick to the XCal 3 canned tunes....

Ummm.. did you, or are you, getting that Xcal from Troyer? If so then the custom tuning is no extra charge. It's included in the price of the programmer. And you can use the canned tunes with no problems until they email you the customs.

If not, then still at least give Troyer a call.. I'm not sure exactly what they charge to do just a tune, but I believe it's pretty reasonable.

Anyone with Troyers tunes will tell you it's the best thing they've ever done for their truck, me included!

Old 01-19-2008, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by TexEdition
Ummm.. did you, or are you, getting that Xcal from Troyer? If so then the custom tuning is no extra charge. It's included in the price of the programmer. And you can use the canned tunes with no problems until they email you the customs.

If not, then still at least give Troyer a call.. I'm not sure exactly what they charge to do just a tune, but I believe it's pretty reasonable.

Anyone with Troyers tunes will tell you it's the best thing they've ever done for their truck, me included!

very true

Old 01-20-2008, 04:39 PM
I did not get an SCT Xcal 3 tuner yet. I am currently looking for one.

Quick Reply: Custom Troyer Tunes