Troyer Tunes are here!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 03:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lotsa chatter fellas......somebody better start loading tunes, installing intakes, stomping gas pedals and reporting back.......

Old 12-20-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by BlackDawg
Lotsa chatter fellas......somebody better start loading tunes, installing intakes, stomping gas pedals and reporting back.......
Wife says I have to wait until Christmas. Since I have to live with her I will wait but if I could talk here into it.....

Kevin :santa:

Faxed my worksheets Oct 25th.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by BlackDawg

EXACTLY!!

Old 12-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by mnponds
I very rarely tow, so I got 87 performance, 87 economy, and 91 performance ( we don't get 93 octane up here)

Thanks again!

Kevin
I did not no they did a economy tune!! Does your gas mileage decrease with a 87 performance tune from Troyer? I no with the edge you get better gas mileage.
Anybody running a 87 economy tune that can comment?

I ordered 87 perf, 91 perf, and 94 perf as i dont tow either. Dont want anything slowing me down.
Im about 5 weeks into my wait for my tunes. Three more long agonizing weeks to go running a stock 5.4 f150. I am so tempted to put my truck back to level 2 on my edge. I feel the need for speed and power lol. Hurry up mike i need my fix. I cant hold out much longer.

Last edited by Irish FX4; 12-20-2007 at 06:01 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Irish FX4
I did not no they did a economy tune!! Does your gas mileage decrease with a 87 performance tune from Troyer? I no with the edge you get better gas mileage.
Anybody running a 87 economy tune that can comment?

I ordered 87 perf, 91 perf, and 94 perf as i dont tow either. Dont want anything slowing me down.
Im about 5 weeks into my wait for my tunes. Three more long agonizing weeks to go running a stock 5.4 f150. I am so tempted to put my truck back to level 2 on my edge. I feel the need for speed and power lol. Hurry up mike i need my fix. I cant hold out much longer.
They way it sounded when I talked to Mike 87 perf is good daily driver...if you keep your foot out of it you will most likely see MPG gains over the stock tune.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by mgp32
They way it sounded when I talked to Mike 87 perf is good daily driver...if you keep your foot out of it you will most likely see MPG gains over the stock tune.
Thats what i thought! Everybody that has posted about there tunes seemed to get better mileage after the first couple of fun weeks.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by khindal

Since I have to live with her

:santa:

Faxed my worksheets Oct 25th.

Dude, your really don't have to live with her. There are options. Try moving.

But seriously....I faxed my worksheets on Oct 24th. I got an e-mail yesterday with a tracking number from UPS. I am suppose to get my XCal & tunes on X-Mas Eve.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Fifty150

But seriously....I faxed my worksheets on Oct 24th. I got an e-mail yesterday with a tracking number from UPS. I am suppose to get my XCal & tunes on X-Mas Eve.
Sweet X-mas gift!

Old 12-20-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by Fifty150
That would be much more expensive!!!!! Besides, I had Troyer tunes on my other F150 so I know what to expect.

Kevin

Old 12-20-2007, 07:31 PM
That would be much more expensive!!!!!

Kevin

If you move out of a big house and rent a little apartment over the Cunningham's garage; it could be a lot cheaper. Fonzie got a great deal on that on Season 3 Episode 1 of Happy Days.

Besides, what's a big house for anyways? That's just a scam. We're men. We don't need that. All I need is this chair, this lamp, and my dog Sh*thead.

But seriously....you just have to sit down with your lawyer & accountant, and crunch some numbers. Depending on what state you live in, how long you've been together, what her earning potential is, and what her income (if any) is - you could come out of this thing in your advantage.

In the state where I live, you typically only have to pay child support. No kids? No problem.

It is a community property state, so all property will be split equally. Better to lose half the house, than to lose the whole house.

But all debt is also split. There is such a thing as community debt.

When greedy women who want to sit around all day, do nothing, and collect alimony ask for all your stuff here, they have to account to why it is that they can't get up off their lazy butts and get a job to support themselves.

Once your marriage ends, you are no longer responsible for her.

Why should you pay to maintain her lifestyle while she's running around with someone in a Chevy?

If the relationship is over, but I have to keep paying her bills; then I should be able to drive by once a week to pick up & drop off laundry, get something to eat, and partake in some physical affection!

Not that I'm trying to wreck your home.

But there are always options.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:26 PM
I guess you have thought about this some???

Kevin

Old 12-20-2007, 08:59 PM
I guess you have thought about this some???

Kevin

Yep! Lived it. Been there. Done that. Now I coach others like a has been athlete.

Happy Days Season 2 Episode 1 was "Richie Moves Out".

Happy Days Season 3 Episode 1 was "Fonzie Moves In".

Old 12-20-2007, 09:42 PM
All right, day number two with the tunes... I loaded up the 87 performance. Some notes.

This thing has a lot of freaking power, and really woke the truck up. I don't typically drive all that aggressively, but it is hard to keep my foot out of it! I couldn't be happier with the power. I am going to load up the 91 performance next and see what that brings. I am still getting used to having the truck shift differently from what it did, it is quite a difference. With both the tuner and the AF1, it really is a huge difference. Not so much noticeably all the time, just tooling around town, but when you get into the throttle, you know it aint stock. Only thing I am not thrilled with right now is the 1-2 shift, as it slams it home harder than I would like, but it seems to be getting better as I drive it more. Overall, I am very happy with what the crew at Troyer put together for me so far. The tunes give the truck the power that it probably should have had from the factory and then some.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Another Minnesotan here, I got the X3 about a month ago and still awaiting the Troyer tunes, I got the same 87 tow, 87 perf, and 91 perf. I have used the 91 perf from SCT and I agree, the shifting from 1-2 is quite a bit different. I was worried it was because it is so damn cold here and was wondering if that affects the tuning at all. Maybe if Mike see's this he could respond for tuning for the cold *** weather up in MN?

Tyler

Old 12-20-2007, 11:43 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by mnponds
The tunes give the truck the power that it probably should have had from the factory and then some.
Ford cannot put these tunes on their trucks...they will not pass emissions...those of us with tunes need to return out trucks to stock before they will pass. Thumper (I think) said to drive it stock 30 minutes before getting inspected.

Quick Reply: Troyer Tunes are here!