Warranty Killer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 05:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty Killer?

I have an 06 F150 Screw KR. Vortex performance true duals on 20" Roush rims. Other than that I have not made any other mods to the intake/exhaust or engine. I'm thinking of getting an AF1 and Xcal2 from Troyer but was wondering if this will void my warranty. I would love to have more power and want to change the shifting points on the tranny cause i hate the hangups I get when I stomp it. But also, I dont want to have to shell out tons of cash cause Ford won't fix it due to a bad mod. Any info?

Old 06-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well if you need warranty work, just put all the stock stuff back on it, its not that big of a deal.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The dealership will have to prove that your mods did the damage, just depends on how friendly your dealership is. Some are a lot more mod friendly then others. You shouldn't have a problem with the intake/exhaust voiding anything though. As for the tune just put it back to stock for your warranty work and they won't ever know.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi c_ybarra75,

The others have posted good info - first, once you return the tune back to stock the dealership has no way of knowing it was ever tuned, contrary to a few myths out there. There is no flash counter, etc., so they cannot know.

Also - I do not believe in doing heavy mods that would hurt a vehicle and then try to stick it to the automaker, so we are very careful about advising our customers about what types of mods are generally safe to do and not be unfair to the automaker, either - in this case, with *us* doing the tuning, there will not be anything inside there that will shorten the lifespan of the powertrain, and we have many thousands of these vehicles we have tuned over many years of track record to show that our tuning is indeed safe. I mention this only because there *are* a few tuners out there doing things that aren't safe for the powertrain long-term, so that is an area where your question is indeed applicable - we've specialized in these trucks for well over 15 years, so we are well known for our expertise here.

Just give us a call and we can go over all of this with you in proper detail, OK?

Thanks for your post, & congrats on having a beautiful King Ranch F-150!

Quick Reply: Warranty Killer?