Please Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Help!!

I installed under drive pulleys, efans, and an AF1 intake. All from Troyer. I tried to load my tune (Troyer 91 Oct Performance) using the livewire. When I tell it start programming, it acts like it's going to then says it can't upload the stock file. Canned tunes load fine put truck runs like crap. Low loping idle, falls on it's face when I give it a little gas. Not Drivable. Please help. I've called Troyer but it's the weekend and there is nobody there. I left a message hoping to get a call but no luck yet. I need this fixed yesterday. Gotta drive from Oregon to California tomorrow!!!

Old 06-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Suspended
Try resetting the PCM by unhooking the battery and letting it sit for 15 minutes. Then start your vehicle, and with all accessories OFF let it idle for 15 minutes. THEN, try to start the whole process all over again.

(Why? PCM may be out of whack, and you want to make sure the battery is charged when using a custom tune).

Old 06-10-2007, 12:14 AM
Ok, tried resetting it. No joy. I'm running the SCT canned tune now and it seems to be ok but I still need to get the Troyer tunes loaded. I don't want to be running lean or do any damage. I've already called them but it's the weekend. Any more suggestions?

Old 06-10-2007, 08:37 AM
ski
what size AF1 intake do u have on. If it's the 3inch then you should be okay. If it's the 3.5 inch then I would take it off and put the stock one back on for your trip. You will run lean with the 3.5 af1 without the tunes.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would put it all back to stock until you talk to Troyer and find out what the problem is. No sense risking damage to your truck just to play with tunes that may or may not be right.