Need help FAST with datalogging on XCAL 2!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help FAST with datalogging on XCAL 2!!

OK guys I feel pretty stupid asking this, but the sheet I received from Troyer did not answer any of these questions, and they are closed for the day, so here is the question: Do we datalog with the blank tuner we received first and then send the info, or do we download some standard tunes from them and then datalog so they can tweak them? Thank you for dealing with my incompetence.

Old 12-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Wait until you recieve your tunes from Troyer. The purpose of the datalogging is to make sure your truck is running how its supposed to as commanded by the tunes you recieved from Troyer.

Old 12-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Thank you very much, but isn't there some sort of code i am supposed to send to them

Old 12-02-2006, 04:28 PM
That's your strategy code. They should send you an email sometime soon telling you how to get it. Instructions might be with the documentation that came with it though, I'd check there.

Old 12-02-2006, 04:32 PM
IF they need your strategy, this is accomplished by hooking up the XCal2 to your vehicle, go to the DTC/Data Menu, select the Read Strategy option, copy those letters/numbers down, and email them/call into Troyer Performance. Or if its just your PCM code they still need, you'll find this on the actual PCM underneath the hood on the passenger side firewall. (grey metallic box with three large connecters hooked up to it) should be a 3 letter/1 number combination printed on a sticker. Example would be TEJ3.

Last edited by BlueScrew4.6; 12-02-2006 at 04:34 PM.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:07 PM
I just recieved my AF1 and Xcal2 Friday, my instructions were in the box with the tuner. I had to send them my strategy. I also had a phone call from Crystal prior to them shipping the unit telling me what they needed.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:50 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi 04 F-150,

Actually, if you had read the datalogging instructions that come with every set of custom program worksheets we send out (that's in the very first email we send every custom tuning customer by the way), you would have seen the datalogging instructions, and reading them that would have answered this for you - that is why we send those docs out first along with the CPW's (custom program worksheets), so that everyone has that info right up front.

So as long as you got the email containing the CPW's, then you also got the instructions on datalogging. Now if for some reason you have not received the email that contains the custom program worksheets, then please let us know & we'll get that right out to you so you will have all of that info, OK?

But to make this easy, just as another poster kindly mentioned, no, you do not datalog up front except in rare cases, and we would tell you that up front.

The way it generally works is, we want to see how the vehicle is running *after* you get your tunes, to see if anything needs to be changed (particularly the A/F ratios) - so you datalog once you have received your tuning, 99% of the time - the only exception to that is in a few heavily modded vehicles, there are a few rare times when we'll want some data up front - but that is very rare, and each person is told that up front once we see what modifications are on the vehicle - which is provided to us by virtue of the customer filling out and sending in the CPW's.

I hope that gives you a bit better understanding, and please don't hesitate to call us if you need to go over anything, OK?

Thanks, & good luck!

Quick Reply: Need help FAST with datalogging on XCAL 2!!