looking for a tuner

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for a tuner

I've had the a Superchips chip for as long as I have owned this truck. I'm getting tired of filling up with premium all the time but want to keep the shifting points and no speed limiter. I am planning on dropping in a custom 5.4 or possibly a custom 4.6. I would like a tuner that allows be put in cam specs and all that other stuff. Are there any that allow that? How much would it cost if one does exist? I would like to get something like this so I does have to mess with sending the chip in or ordering a custom one later on.

Old 11-06-2006, 05:56 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, there is no tuner where you can just "drop in cam specs" like that, that *has* to be done via custom tuning - that is the *only* way to do that properly,a nd it needs to be done by someone who knows what really needs to be done.

What I would suggest is to take advantage of our current Group Buy on our Troyer Performance custom tuning, as that will give you a set of 3 different custom tunes, set up for whatever level of octane you desire, in a hand-held tuner that also allows you to datalog, and can always be updated via email, so that you are never in a dead-end situation.

If you'd like more details on this, please feel free to give us a call at our number listed below & we'll be happy to help.

Best of luck whatever you decide!

Old 11-13-2006, 06:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am also planning on putting a 5.4 in the truck around 12 to 18 months from now. That is if I don't go to Japan. I'll be selling the truck if I go there since I won't be able to take it with.

How much would it cost to change the tunes to some for the 5.4? What about changing the tunes to something the 5.4 could use but using the 4.6 PCM? I would like to go with COP but I was reading that it would be a PITA if I did that. It was something about a different transmission was used with the 5.4 in 97. I have the 4R70W. I read that I would have to change out the instrument cluster also.

Quick Reply: looking for a tuner