Maybe Edge drained my battery?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 03:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Y2KWHT150
Yankee...R U still having the problem? After I replaced my OEM battery and I updated my Evo to the beta version 21 firm and 22 calib, it appears my system is better than B4. My suggestion would be to upload to new firm and calib and see if that will have fix on it.
Are there even newer updates? I thought version 20 for firmware and version 21a for calibration were the latest ones?

Old 09-26-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by MosineeFX4
Are there even newer updates? I thought version 20 for firmware and version 21a for calibration were the latest ones?
From what I see on their website 20 and 21a are the newest versions released...

Old 09-26-2006, 09:49 AM
I dont have a battery issue.. I have a Optima Red Top battery.. So I know its not the battery that is the problem...
We use the red tops in our work vehicles and you can have a bad one.

Also if you are taking short trips with your sound system on, it drain's the battery and doesn't give it a chance to recharge.

The red tops like a 48 hour trickle charge sometimes to get it back to proper output. We were putting in new batteries before our techs realized you could just give it a good recharge and it's good to go.

Just FYI.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:46 AM
Well I have since put it on a trickle charge for a couple hours and it was fully charged after those 3-4 hours. I dont really have much of a sound system.. I have no amps or subs or anything.. Well the truck sat over night with the newly charged battery in and I have started it already this morning so it seems to be back to normal... When I turn on the truck my Edge reads around 14.1 V for battery so it seems normal...

I personally think that my Edge just mishaped and didnt shut off on Friday and the truck just sat there over the weekend and I didnt drive it so it just drained the battery...

Thanks for the help. Hopefully after this charge my battery will be back to normal.. We will see in a couple days...

Old 09-26-2006, 04:54 PM
sorry for type-O...it is 20 21a versions.

Quick Reply: Maybe Edge drained my battery?????