Mike Troyer, Regarding DWV intake mod

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 12:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by asinatra
We all understand they provide gains in some way, but the real question is "how much. That's why we dyno stock because various engines have various outputs even from the same plants. You can't take a claim and say it will produce "X" amount of horsepower. Also we don't know [and cant trust] if manufacture claims or those selling the products are FWHP or RWHP. This is why we dyno stock to find out if the money we spent was well worth it.

PS: I am not starting a war with you.
Have you had your truck on a dyno? How much HP and TQ did each of your mods get you?

The closest dyno facility is a little over 2 hours away and costs $90/hr. The closest drag strip is only 1000'. These are the reasons I purchased the Gtech and made before and after runs with it. Each performance mod has had a positive effect on performance. The ONLY reason I am taking the truck to a dyno is to datalog and get the A/Fs.

Old 11-04-2005, 09:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ieee_raider
If that is the case, then why is the same not true for aftermarket intakes, such as the AF1, etc. If that truly is the case, how can you justify selling those without a tuning required for every vehicle you sell the parts for?

I know you said it's not your place to protect people from themselves, etc... BUT I'm not even talking about the mod. I'm talking about the statement you made above. If one modification is made to multiple vehicles is made identically the same, how do you justify selling the products on one hand while recommending not installing some other mod on the other hand?

When you make statements such as that above, it removes any validity from the entire point you're trying to make.
Validity in points is what each individual makes and comprehends of it. You obviously comprehend what you want from Mike's reply and twist his statements to meet with your interpretation of it's meaning.

I understand what he means...since I read all of his post's to absorb as much info as possible. He recomends data-logging to all of his customers who purchase Xcal 2's and he sells and recomends the AF1's and Airaids because his testing shows that they are safe in most vehicles. Is that so hard to understand? Since the "new" 04-05's have an entirely different PCM strategy it is not unrealistic that tuning these vehicles along with developing aftermarket parts is a process that will continue to be refined and perfected.

Quick Reply: Mike Troyer, Regarding DWV intake mod