Computer codes

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2001, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Computer codes

How can I tell which computer code my truck has? (ex. FOU1) It's a 98' STX w/ a 4.6 Windsor motor. Thanks in advance, Scrib

Old 06-15-2001, 04:49 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Scrib,

Welcome to F-150 Online!

To find the computer code on all 1997 & newer F-150's F-250 Light Duty, & Expeditions:

Go to the passenger side of the vehicle, and open the passenger door (front door if it's a 4-dr. model). Then look in the front part of the door frame, in the area of the door hinges, where the door hinges attach to the body there in the door frame. There in between the door hinges, or just below them, you should see a sticker that has 3 letters and 1 number on it, like FOU1, IMP4, WIZ2, etc., and that is your computer code.

If you don't find it there, then go to the computer itself, which will be located inside the cabin on the passenger side, to the right of the dash assembly and just above the passenger's kick panel. You will see that the computer is held against it's mounting bracket by a black pressure clip. Simply remove that clip, and then look on the back of the computer where the clip was covering up, and there you'll find another code sticker.

Good luck, & let me know if you have any trouble finding your code!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 06-15-2001, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Scrib, welcome to the boards.
Hey, if you are concidering a Superchip, I have to tell you it helps the STX run like it looks.
By the way, you wouldn't happen to have a 5-speed in that thing would you. If you do you could check out the "transmission" board. Look for the thread "short thow-anything new?" to see why I ask.
Tom

------------------

'98 F150 XLT,short bed, STX appearance group, 4.6, 5-speed.
Current mods: K&N air filter, cat back exhaust (Flowmaster 40 w/dual rear side exit), Superchip.
Future mods: short throw shifter, K&N FIPK, lowered suspension, other things seen here!

Quick Reply: Computer codes