Certain chips for certain engine codes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2001, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Certain chips for certain engine codes?

Can certain chips be used for different engine codes. People are selling chips for the 5.4 with a different engine code than mine. How do I know if it will work for my truck?

------------------
US ARMY DRILL SERGEANT
HOOAH!!

HIS:
00 HD F-150: Clear corners, bug deflector and ventvisors, 01 Lightning tail lights, K&N FIPK
00 Triumph Daytona 955i

HERS:
01 Nissan Pathfinder
00 Buell Blast

Old 06-14-2001, 05:27 PM
Thank you. Any chance of a discount for one of America's finest?

------------------
US ARMY DRILL SERGEANT
HOOAH!!

HIS:
00 HD F-150: Clear corners, bug deflector and ventvisors, 01 Lightning tail lights, K&N FIPK
00 Triumph Daytona 955i

HERS:
01 Nissan Pathfinder
00 Buell Blast

Old 06-14-2001, 06:50 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
HI baddgene,

Yes, we do offer discounts however, the Webmaster of this web site has strict policies against pricing issues being discussed here on the message boards, so as to keep them free of what is considered "blatant commercial content".

So for pricing info, please contact us privately, off the message boards, either in email or by phone, our contact info is just below for your convenience, & thanks for understanding.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 06-15-2001, 12:30 AM
Nope, wont work. Especially if its a superchip because they are programmed for that specific code, which carries information about elevation, smog, gears, engine, etc.

Old 06-15-2001, 12:58 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi baddgene,

Each Superchip must *exactly* match the computer code of each vehicle, that is the only way it will work. If you're looking at used Superchips, you will have to find one that matches your computer code, or, you will have to pay to have it reprogrammed to your vehicle's code. This makes used Superchips a good bargain *only* if it just happens to exactly match the computer code of your vehicle, because by the time you buy the used Superchip and then pay us to reprogram it to the new code, you could have had a new Superchip with a full warranty for less in most cases.

We do encourage the use of used Superchips, because they rarely fail, but it *has* to match your computer code, or it's not any kind of bargain.

If you'd like to go over this in more detail, please feel free to give us a call, & best of luck!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: Certain chips for certain engine codes?