EXTRA Cost of Superchip per fill up.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2001, 01:29 AM
Suspended For Violation of Vendor Rules
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post EXTRA Cost of Superchip per fill up.....

Superchip fun
319 miles
23.6 gallons
13.5 mpg
1.77 $pg
$.13 a mile
$1.00 = 7.6 miles
tota fill up = $41.50

Without Superchip(cheap gas)
319 miles
23.6 gallons
13.5 mpg
1.56 $pg
$.11 a mile
$1.00 = 9 miles
total fill up = $35.2

Total savings for switching to cheap stuff = $6.30
Total cost per fill up for Superchip fun = $6.30
Feeling more power = Priceless

------------------
TRUCK
White 00' XLT 4.2 Auto Sport
Regular cab Styleside[*]Superchip[*]Airaid FIPK[*]Gutted MAF[*]Custom Ported STOCK Throttle Body
1/4... 17.221@81.35MPH
Truck Pictures

PC
Thunderbird 1.1ghz @ 1.33ghz
Abit KT7A-Raid
384mb Kingmax PC-150 ram
60gig IBM 75gxp RAID array
Geforce2 GTS 64mb
19" KDS Avitron Flatscreen

Old 05-19-2001, 02:03 AM
Try $2.54 a Gallon for Premium around Chicago. $59.94 per Fill-up!

------------------
2000 Extended Cab F-150
4X4 Offroad
Flairside Oxford White
AirRaid FIPK
2001 L Tails
2001 L 3rd Brake Light
2001 L Corners
Pioneer DEH8000
12 Disc Changer
Custom Amp Rack
Rockford Fosgate Punch 160
Rockford Fosgate 10" SUB
Keypad Mod
Polar Bear Brushguard
2 160 Watt K.C.'s, Duraliner Bed Liner
AVS hood deflector
AVS Vent Visors

Old 05-19-2001, 02:21 AM
Let's see...where's my calculator...here it is.
238 miles
251 miles (adjustment of having 1 inch taller tires. Unscientifically calculated)
21.0 Gallons to fill tank back up
12.0 mpg
1.82 $pg
$0.15 a mile
$1.00 = 6.67 miles
total fill up = $38.22

Total savings for switching to cheap stuff = does not matter
Total cost per fill up for Superchip fun = does not matter
Feeling more power = Priceless

well, most of the numbers do not agree with yours except... IT IS priceless to feel that extra power. I am glad you feel the same way I do.

------------------
2000 EXPEDITION 4.6 3.31 Rear, Poweraid Spacer, UltraFlow muffler, 6.8 inch TV with tuner/VCP, Full alarm and Auto-Start.

New Addition:

2001 F150 SUPERCAB 5.4L 3.55 LS, Airaid FIPK, Full alarm and auto-start, 50 series 3 chamber 3inch in/out Deltaflow Flowmaster
Swept Side style, Beltech 2 inch rear shackles, SUPERCHIP, billet grille, Lariat wheels and tires (275/60/17), Billet antenna by TRENDZ, Daytime running lights(if I can get it to work), Lightning 180 degree thermostat, White face gauge insert with EL lighting, Custom stereo system currently in the works.

COMING SOON:
pulleys, remove cats, 2 inch drop all around.

Old 05-20-2001, 12:02 AM
Suspended For Violation of Vendor Rules
Looks like we all were up late last night huh .

I would never go back to non-superchip fun regardless the price... I was just mearly figure out how much I would save. I do think my #'s are off (it was very late for me last night)... oh well. The chip is staying in fOrever!

------------------
TRUCK
White 00' XLT 4.2 Auto Sport
Regular cab Styleside[*]Superchip[*]Airaid FIPK[*]Gutted MAF[*]Custom Ported STOCK Throttle Body
1/4... 17.221@81.35MPH
Truck Pictures

PC
Thunderbird 1.1ghz @ 1.33ghz
Abit KT7A-Raid
384mb Kingmax PC-150 ram
60gig IBM 75gxp RAID array
Geforce2 GTS 64mb
19" KDS Avitron Flatscreen

Old 05-20-2001, 12:26 AM
Smile

I don't know about you guys, but I get depressed driving my truck without the chip in. I took it out to bring the truck in for service. It was out for a total of two days. I only drove the truck to and from the dealership the two days (about nine miles each way). I couldn't wait to get that chip back in!
It may be a few more dollars to run with the higher octane. If I 'had' to run without the chip now it would cost me more. I'd have to visit a shrink!
I thought my gas milage was poor. Im getting sixteen mpg with the 4.6 and a five speed manual. That is even with the Superchip syndrome. Whats up with this twelve and thirteen mpg?

Old 05-21-2001, 02:00 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Guys,

Gas mileage will of course depend not only on how the vehicle is driven, but also the actual energy content of the fuel being burned, And there can be significant differences in energy content of various fuels in different locations. Then you also have to figure in the vast differences in weight in all of the available F-150 configurations, there is well over 3000 lbs. of potential weight difference.

When you add all that up, you can see why some guys with 5.4 automatics can get 20 mpg on the highway, and some 4.2 V-6 manual-tranny vehicles might be lucky to get 15 mpg on a lesser fuel. Yes, manuals take less power to turn them over compared to automatics, but how you drive and the energy content of the fuel being burned are the two most controllable aspects that affect mileage.

One F-150 might get 18 mpg, and another *identical* F-150 only get 15 mpg in the same driving conditions, on a different fuel. Even when using the very best fuels, there will still be variances in energy content from one geographical location to the next, and from one refinery run to the next, so mileage is basically a bit of a moving target, for lack of a better term. The best you can do is to track your mileage every fill up, and determine which fuel in your area gives the best mileage, and what driving, etc. contributes to improving mileage, etc. In other words, all the basics that most of us already know or have discussed here. When comparing mileage, not all 5.4's are going to get the same mileage, just like not all 4.6's or V-6's will get the same mileage.

Check alignment, tire pressure, age of spark plugs & plug wires (where applicable without C.O.P.), fuel filter, & changing the O2 sensors every 30K miles are things you can do to keep these vehicles in their sharpest state of tune & get the best mileage.

Just some basic FYI stuff......................

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 05-22-2001).]

Old 05-21-2001, 02:54 PM
Thumbs up

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Superchips_Distributor:
Just some basic FYI stuff......................

</font>
Mike,

You are just full of it (and I mean that in the best way) . . .

Anytime you want to add some "basic FYI stuff" - Please Do!

I don't think I'm alone in looking for your posts . . . I even started printing them out (along with most of the other Tips, Tricks & Info I find)!

What a site . . . !

Bob

------------------
Truck: 2000 F-150, 4x4, SCab, XLT, Island Blue, Dark Graphite 40/60 Cloth Seats (F/R), Styleside, 157” Wheelbase, 5.4L EFI, 4-Speed Auto O/D, AM/FM/CD, Class III Towing Package, etc.

Added: “Ex-Tang” Snapless Tonneau; Ford “Duraliner” Bedliner; “CDA” Paint Saver Pad; “Lund Runners” Truck Steps; “Husky” Splashguards; “Saddleman” Hood Protector; “WeatherTech” WeatherFlectors; 4th Brake Light (x 3!); “Pilot” Navigator 55 Watt Backup Lights; “K&N” FIPK; Lighted “Blue Oval” Logos – grill and tailgate, “Weather Tech” Floor Mats (retired for the summer); Wheelskin EuroTone Steering Wheel Cover (on order);

Wants: “Flowmaster” Force II Exhaust System; “Exotic Wood” Dash Kit; “RoadMaster” Active Suspension; Remote Starter; Pilot Driving Lights; “Lund” Backdraft Tailgate Spoiler; “Superchip”; Remote Entry Keypad; . . .

Old 05-21-2001, 05:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some have reported better MPG with the Superchip. That being correct the cost figures would have to be adjusted and maybe the higher gas would not cost sso much per mile. Oh, I do have a Superchip and plan to keep using it.

------------------
97 F-150, 2WD, Reg Cab,Flareside,Dk Toreador Red, Windsor 4.6, Magnecor 8.5mm wires, Bosch Plat +4s, 3.55 LS, EGR Bug Deflector, Retrax Bed Cover, BedRug, XL Full Length Running Boards,EGR Fender Flares, Air Aid Kit, Gibson Single Out Cat Back, Superchips, TransGo Shift Kit, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Hellwig 2500# Overload Springs,Energy Suspension Polyurethane Front Sway Bar Bushings, 265 70 16 tires, Rancho RS9000 shocks,Expedition Center Console

Old 05-21-2001, 08:11 PM
Howdy!

I'm just glad I don't live in Chicago anymore! Salt and high prices are truly depressing.

Still have to order that SuperChip. I'll do it next week when I have time.. I hope..

Thank God for Texas.

Have a nice day.

Old 05-22-2001, 02:45 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi swampview,

Thanks for your post, and you're right, it's a great site, which is why we support F-150 Online. It's full of info you won't get from your dealership, etc., and in these days of $35,000 F-150 pickup trucks, you need all the helpful info you can get!

Have fun,

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System

Old 05-23-2001, 09:55 AM
Wink

I've had the Flip Chip for a few months now. I can't bring myself to flip it off the high octane power position!

------------------
* 2000 F-150 XLT Black FS; 5.4L; 4x4 ORP
* Da Flip Chip! * 3.55 Limited Slip * Stepups
* Sliding Rear Window * 6-Way Power Seat
* Remote Keyless Entry
* Lund Trident Bug Shield * Custom Exhaust
* Fumoto Oil Drain Plug Valve (a must for do-it-yourselfers!)
* Wise Bedrug

So many mods, so little cash! On the up side, no wife to create a filibuster.

Old 05-24-2001, 12:02 AM
Former Sponsor
Hi Lean & Cut,

You're right on about that, Chicago seems to traditionally have the worst gas prices, and ever since a couple years ago, it seems they are always talking about "investigations" into price gouging, but nothing ever seems to actually change. Last summer Chicago's gas prices were among the highest in the country, and they'll probably be this year again as well.

I love Chicago, and could probably tolerate the gas prices, but their winters are really brutal!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Quick Reply: EXTRA Cost of Superchip per fill up.....