Mike quick ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2001, 12:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Mike quick ?

Hey first off i want to say i am enjoying the power i am getting from my chip...ok my ? is i am taking a trip to Alabama this coming uop weekend and since i am using Texaco gas i need to know one of two things how do i find out where there are Texaco stations on my route, i know where i need to fill up which is in Mississippi or would it matter if i was not able to get Texaco...i know for a fact there is a Shell station cause thats where i have always filled up......anyway i need to know if there is a Texaco on 20 EAST right in side Miss. well if you got all this please let me know thanx in advance

------------------
RENE
White F-150XL Supercab
4.2L 5 speed

Bug deflector
Window vizors
Tinted windows<w/ limo tint on back and side windows in rear
K&N air filter
two chambered Flomaster w/ duals 3 in tips rounded
Superchip
265/75/16

Kenwood stereo w/flip down cd player
2 JLAUDIO 10" woofers w/ 4 5-7 door speakers
alpine V12 amp
Viper 600 alarm

Future mods
Bedliner< undesided>
Tonneau cover
Grill gaurd
body lift

Old 05-22-2001, 01:41 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Tazz!

I sorry to say we're not going to be much help on that, as we don't really have any type of "map" of locations for particular brands of gasoline.

We do get a lot of data reported back to us from our customers all over the country, and that, combined with our own informal testing, is how we come up with our various informal recommendations about which gasolines to use.

Unfortunately, we just don't have any data to show you where the Texaco stations along your route would be. You might want to check with Texaco directly, as they may well have some type of trip planning they might be able to help with. I'd suggest checking their web site, I'm sure they probably have one, where you can get contact info, if nothing else. (try texaco.com first, I'd suggest, then check the various Internet search engines for their correct URL if that doesn't work)

Perhaps the best thing I could do in this situation would be just to reiterate the various brands we generally recommend, and you can then use any of them, should you not be able to find a Texaco when you need to fill up..........

Texaco, Amoco, & Citgo, are our first 3 favs, in that order. Usually Texaco has excellent availability in the Southern US, so you probably won't have a problem finding Texaco stations, but just in case, you can use any of those 3 brands, and you should do fine. Shell also can work well in parts of the Eastern US.

Brands to steer clear of are: Exxon, BP, Hess, Coastal, Racetrack, and any other "no-names" or off-brand fuels, as they are all geenrally of lower energy content, and some have sub-standard detergent additives.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, I hope that info is of some use to you, & have a safe trip!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 05-22-2001, 03:39 PM
I hope you are going to take I20. I live in Dallas and know for a fact that there are Tex's all the way there. Where in Bama are you going?

Old 05-22-2001, 03:45 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dcfoxx:
I hope you are going to take I20. I live in Dallas and know for a fact that there are Tex's all the way there. Where in Ol Miss are you going?</font>

Old 05-22-2001, 04:05 PM
DCFOXX, hey ya i am pretty sure they are all over its just i have specific parts of the country i stop in and i really do think there is a texaco near there but if not i will just use SHELL....anyway im going to MILLBROOK near montgomary i think&gt; anyway thanx mike u were a big help

------------------
RENE
White F-150XL Supercab
4.2L 5 speed

Bug deflector
Window vizors
Tinted windows&lt;w/ limo tint on back and side windows in rear
K&N air filter
two chambered Flomaster w/ duals 3 in tips rounded
Superchip
265/75/16

Kenwood stereo w/flip down cd player
2 JLAUDIO 10" woofers w/ 4 5-7 door speakers
alpine V12 amp
Viper 600 alarm

Future mods
Bedliner&lt; undesided&gt;
Tonneau cover
Grill gaurd
body lift

Old 05-24-2001, 12:44 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
OK Rene, good luck & have a great Memorial Day weekend!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 05-24-2001, 12:47 AM
Most of the oil companies have a station locator. e.g. go to http://www.texaco.com/ and find "Station Locator" listed under "Products and Services" or go to http://www.countonshell.com/ and find "Shell Station Finder" under "Products and Services".

Old 05-24-2001, 11:37 AM
Alf
Hey Tazz,

I just moved a couple of months ago and it seem like Chevron is all over the place here in Montgomery and that's what I've been using since I got the chip. Texaco and Shell are a bit harder to find. BP and Exxon are everywhere as well but what good does that do?

Alf

Quick Reply: Mike quick ?