And the chip is being sent back :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2001, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of you are not doing the kid any favors by giving him unwarranted praise.

Came clean? More like got caught red handed. Not quite the same. A little apology doesn't mean the slate gets wiped clean.

I remember arguing with Fast46 about his claims for 0-60 times on 'his' old truck. Yeah, his insistance (ad nauseum) that he was right and anyone who doubted his word was mean and wrong looks just a little different now.

Did he fool me and many others for years? Sure, but that doesn't make the kid some kind of hero - it makes him a compulsive liar.

Call me old fashioned, but his wrong doing DOES reflect poorly on him. He's old enough to know right from wrong. He chose wrong.

More guts than the rest of us? Give me a break! The kid's got chutzpah stringing everyone along and living a lie for a couple of years. But stealing your dad's credit card and wasting everyone's time - that is not 'guts'.

Feel sorry for him if you want, but don't expect me to.

Old 05-17-2001, 03:11 PM
I'll say it one last time. I don't believe we know the whole story about the purchase of the chip and it's none of our business. It's none of our business anyway! It's something that Mike should have dealt with offlist. As a business person, I don't go and take out an ad in the paper just because a customer did something wrong. I try to resolve it in private. It only becomes public when it can't be resolved. Even then, I still don't believe this was the place to discuss this problem Mike had. It was his business and his problem. Not ours.

I still say Fast has guts for facing the fire here. How many of you would have the guts to do that? Chances are, you'd just disappear like that Brandon guy did a few months ago. It's easy to just flake off from a place like this. It takes guts to stay and face the music.

I haven't praised him for not telling the whole truth. Go back and read what I've been writing. I've been praising him for facing up to it and doing his best to face us. He's acting more mature now than many of us are capable of in this place on the net.

Don't try to put words in my mouth or try to read between the lines.

Old 05-17-2001, 03:20 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Fast, & everyone else.......

1.) Fast, as I mentioned to you in email, there are going to still be some people for little while yet, who will probably post their opinions on this, this thread isn't going to be closed or shut down immediately, at least, as far as I know, it's strictly up to the Webmaster. So thee may very well be some mroe posts in this thread, and some of them are of course going to be critical of your actions and un-approving of what happened, after all, it was wrong. As I told you, this will die down here in time, and life will go on. It's part of what happens in a situation like this. It's part of "taking your medicine", so to speak, and what we felt was required. My point is, don't get aggravated at these people who do decide to post their feelings about this Fast, as it was me who made this public, and anyone has a right to comment, though hopefully everyone will be reasonable in what they post, it sure seems that everyone has been reasonable with you so far. It's also an excellent example of life in general; you do something wrong, you 'fess up, make it right, learning to never repeat the mistake, and then you move on, smarter & a better person. That won't happen overnight, so be patient, things will be fine in time.

2.) To everyone else reading this thread, without going into details, lets just say that young "Fast" and I have reached an understanding privately, as it should always have been. Fast has communicated to me privately, and without any details, I think most of you would be encouraged, if not outright proud of what he has discussed with us in email. It took courage for him to do so, and I'm proud of the maturity he's capable of showing when he puts his mind to it in a positive way. Accordingly, we have told him that we're basically satisfied, and that we will try to encourage this thread dying down, as best we reasonably can ask of everyone.

With that in mind.........

3.) If I may be allowed to ask a favor, I would just ask that we please let this thread pass along into the archives as quickly as you all feel is reasonable, this is up to each individual of course, to decide whether or not to make additional posts. It's been a bit tough on Fast, just as it *needs* to be for him to learn his lesson. He hasn't learned his lesson overnight of course, I think that is going to take a little while yet for all of this to sink in, and for him to fully realize all of the potential consequences, what he could have lost, and understand that he's been *extremely* lucky that so many people are willing to be understanding. He needs to appreciate that fact before he'll really learn anything of lasting value from all of this. He's on his way I think, and we do want him to still be able to enjoy this web site and his friends here, where he feels that he fits in.

Thanks to everyone, & Fast, we expect to see you here, that is, when you have spare time from your schoolwork & family duties!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 05-17-2001, 03:25 PM
F150online
Founder
An interesting study in psychology, I dare say. I, too, agree that this kid should not be praised in any way for deliberately deceiving this community. Am I hurt by it? Nope, time to move on and encourage that this discussion be moved to liarsanonymous.com rather than f150online.com

Steve

Quick Reply: And the chip is being sent back :(