And the chip is being sent back :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2001, 06:34 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi JMC,

Well said, as usual.

I hope to be laughing about this very soon, thanks! Actually, all it would take for me to be able to laugh about this would be an apology from his father. I look forward to reading the letter his father is sending us, perhaps it will contain an apology. That's the one thing we haven't been given, even by his father, and it's the one thing that we care most about, is a simple apology from the parent.

If I were his father, or if my child ever did something like that, I would *never* return it, as I just couldn't look anyone in the face, let alone try to enforce the law upon other human beings knowing that I tried to force others to pay the price for my own child's actions. As a parent, I would *immediately* make him get a job, even if it's a paper route, washing cars, whatever, and pay for it himself, so he actually learns his lesson and knows how hard money actually is to earn, instead of trying to make us pay for it, but people are people, and I can't tell his father what to do. All I can do is decide what *we're* going to do about it, and that will most likely be determined in no small part by the content of his father's letter to us. I'm hoping it contains an appropriate apology, to say the least, but that is up to him, and what we ultimately do will be up to us. We'd much rather have this end simply, with a heartfelt apology from his father, so that we can treat this simply as well.

Next week this time I'm sure we'll all be laughing, if not before then.

Thanks for your post, JMC!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 05-16-2001, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Fast,
I like the community feeling here at F150. That is why I come here. I feel like I fit in. I can fit in without anyone knowing any more about me than I want them to. I am honest though. That is a trait that I find admirable. I like to think that people here are honest. I can't know for sure. Thats just the nature of this internet kind of thing.
I'll bet it did feel good, the feeling that you were fitting in. Well you can still fit in here. Just be honest with us from here on in. There is no reason that you have to be any certine age to like Ford trucks.
You have to realize that not everyone will feel the same way about this. You did something wrong, you know that. So if someone says something bad about what you did, that is one of the consequences of your actions.
It's all up to you. This may feel bad now. I hate to say though, it won't be the last of bad feelings. They are a part of life for all of us. Try to pay more attention to the good feelings, like getting into a 2003 F150.

Tom

Old 05-16-2001, 06:37 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Bill,

Good to "see" you again!

No telling how many bills, but we're hoping it was an isolated incident, for both their sakes!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System

Old 05-16-2001, 06:38 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Wynjammer,

Wow, we haven't "seen" you around here in awhile, great to hear from you again!

Hope all's well with you, & keep in touch when you can!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 05-16-2001, 06:47 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi sddaytrader,

I know how you feel, I have felt many of those same emotions, but I have to confess that right now, I am tending to believe his father, and that he had nothing to do with ordering it. If I felt any differently, my conversation with his father this morning would have been *far* different, I can assure you. I guess I just don't want to believe that a law enforcement official would do that, but perhaps I'm only fooling myself. I sure hope not.

I agree, far too many parents are not shouldering their responsibilities where their children are concerned, far too many expect the public school systems to be their childs teacher and discipline-issuers, and thus deliberately neglect many of their most basic responsibilities as parents. Far too many think that because there is some company involved, it's automatically a huge & rich company making obscene dirty profits (oh no, profits?!?), that any business should be happy to just take a loss, just because we're in business. Far too many people in general tend to think that way, not just parents, and it's done because if they get away with it, it allows them to put the blame for their own mistakes on someone else, so they don't have to pay the price, and they can go on about their merry way, to do it again to the next company.

I'm sure this will all turn out fine in the end.

Thanks for your perspective & your po st,

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 05-16-2001, 07:01 PM
Why was this all laid out? A private email to 'Fast' may have been better. Asking him to back down or admit it without being ratted out so everyone could chastise him online. If there was fraud or some other legal type problem, I don't think we need to know about it.

Old 05-16-2001, 07:02 PM
Exclamation

Here's my take on this.

Fast (you will always be "Fast" to me), you got a lot of guts. More guts than some others who have posted here. There are adults on this board who can't apologize to anybody no matter how wrong they are. I'm sure you've seen me in discussions with some of them.

You're 14 going on 15? Your knowledge and style of writing belies your age. You are obviously an intelligent young man.

Take it easy...

Mike,

I'm upset with you for bringing this out in public in this fashion. I personally would have preferred to see it handled in private and Fast being given the chance to come clean on his own without being forced to publicly.

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited 05-16-2001).]

Old 05-16-2001, 10:22 PM
Thanks guys, Mike I replied VIA email.

I do have a job, I am 15. You dont understand how many times I bugged my dad about paying him back. Mike you can ask him yourself. Im a very "guilt" feeling person. Thats my nature. Im not a bad kid, as some suggested. I dont do bad things, never did drugs, never go to parties, dont drink, dont smoke, never got in trouble with cops or anything close to it. Please dont get the idea that we are "poor", my parents make *VERY* good money. But its the principle of the matter anywho.

Hope you all understand.

Jon

Old 05-16-2001, 10:48 PM
Angry

Dear Fast,
I think the first thing you should do is to apologize to Mike and everyone on this board.
Your comment about you wish Mike hadn't posted what you did on this board shows me there is not any regret in your soul. I agree you and your dad should not have returned the chip. You need to work it off and pay Mike for the product you falsely ordered. I don't know what kind of crime you committed by using your dad credit card and then falsely stating you were someone else and ordering. I can ask my son who is a detective for 15 years in police work if you are interested. Its time to own up young man admit you did wrong and correct your mistake.

Sorry but thats how I feel.

Old 05-17-2001, 12:41 AM
Well, my dad sent it back. Was this close.

This really sucks.

Old 05-17-2001, 06:20 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Superexpo:
Dear Fast,
I think the first thing you should do is to apologize to Mike and everyone on this board.
Your comment about you wish Mike hadn't posted what you did on this board shows me there is not any regret in your soul. I agree you and your dad should not have returned the chip. You need to work it off and pay Mike for the product you falsely ordered. I don't know what kind of crime you committed by using your dad credit card and then falsely stating you were someone else and ordering. I can ask my son who is a detective for 15 years in police work if you are interested. Its time to own up young man admit you did wrong and correct your mistake.

Sorry but thats how I feel.
</font>
Sorry Sir, you have the wrong idea here.

Please all further replies be over email.

This topic is *CLOSED*

Old 05-17-2001, 10:23 AM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Fast or whoever,

The only way to close a thread is to get the Webmaster to close it. Frankly I don't think he will, but you never know. BTW you never answered my questions.....

Superexpo,

The more I read the more I am inclined to agree with you.

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

Old 05-17-2001, 02:28 PM
Doesnt matter, me and mike sorted this out, and its over. You guys dont know the whole story anyways.

Old 05-17-2001, 02:34 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fast54triton:
I knew this day would come.

Sorry everyone, I just thought I could fit in. Unlike at school, where I get teased for my fathers profession, I felt like I belonged here. Now I just lost what meant the most to me.

Mike,

What can I say? Guess I shouldnt have re-registered here, it would have saved all this grief.

Bye all,

another reason why life isnt so important to me anymore.
</font>

To all those guys here who have NEVER done anything wrong or stupid in their lives, the above sure looks like an apology to me. As good an apology a person can make who got pigeon-holed into making one instead of being allowed to make an apology of his own accord.

What you guys are missing is Jon, aka "Fast" has more guts than most of you have. He could have just disappeared and never said another word here, but he's not like a lot of others who have been here and left.

Some of your attitudes towards him makes me wonder. Quit brow-beating him for something we don't know the whole story about. We know very little about what has happened between his father and himself and as far as the purchase and return of the chip, that's between Fast, his father and Mike. It's not our business and that's the only comment I have about that.

My previous comments have been about his being so young and making us believe he was older and actually driving his father's truck. He came clean. He apologized. He explained why he did it. What more do you want? A pound of flesh? What kind of religion are you? Weren't you taught to forgive? I already have.

I can't ever recall any of his posts being hurtful or damaging or causing anybody harm (unlike those who say to use unapproved oil, mothballs, etc.). Maybe what he hurt was your own ego because the botom line is he fooled you too!

Enough already. None of you are without guilt for something(s) you have done in the past, present, and future. Sometimes, you gotta take a really good look in the mirror before you start casting stones.

I apologize for ruffling feathers, but NONE of us are without sin and SOME of us need to be reminded of it.

Old 05-17-2001, 02:50 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

I agree, let's move on.

p.s.
I have it on good authority that 'Neal the HP Freak' is a 7th grader in Bayonne New Jersey.

Quick Reply: And the chip is being sent back :(